Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Regrets - post them here

Old 06-13-2015, 10:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trading in my 08' 2 dr 6speed X with over 5k worth of upgrades for an 11' JKUR. Ironically I miss shifting more than anything. never knew how attached I was to it until I had to say good bye, bought it brand new and put all 65,000 miles on it my self. I plan to get it back one day...
Old 06-13-2015, 11:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kalitri35
trading in my 08' 2 dr 6speed X with over 5k worth of upgrades for an 11' JKUR. Ironically I miss shifting more than anything. never knew how attached I was to it until I had to say good bye, bought it brand new and put all 65,000 miles on it my self. I plan to get it back one day...
I had a 07 jku automatic and now many years later have a 12 2dr 6 speed. The two door six speed is so much more fun to drive. Like a Porsche to a Miata. Both can be fun- but one is always fun!

Although I am about to move from NY to San Francisco- so the 4-dr does win for cargo and cross country cruising.(a teeny bit more highway friendly but the 3.8 was a dog at least in my old heavy guy.

I'm still looking forward to camping out of my 2dr for a week or two!
Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought new 35" tires last spring and wish I had upgraded to 37" tires.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I regret ordering my rear bumper/carrier from 4 wheel drive hardware......two and a half months later, still no bumper, had to cancel and now going to order from Northridge 4x4. 4WD hardware has the worst customer service ever. Kept getting promised one more week, one more week, another week and a half, one more week, then when I cancelled my order, it took them ANOTHER week and a half to issue a refund. Had to cancel a photo shoot because I didn't have my tire carrier to carry the full size spare......never again will I even go on their website.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreatWhite JK
well i want "panel half door" that i can slide uppers on if i want. Their only about three options buy a mopar kit ($3700+), rugged ridge ($2300+), or bestop soft doors($900+). Idk what I'm gonna do because for basically 4000 (for mopar) after pant i can buy a and rebuild a set of axles. Or i could just get the soft doors and fluid my jeep out every time it rain (they are not very water tight).
I have the bestop doors .... they rattle like a mfer and the rear latches don;t line up properly (need to add spacers) .... Love the way they look but the rattle might turn me into a serial killer

Last edited by pcarpenter; 06-18-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Rampage soft top storage boot. It doesn't it at all! A few inches short on each side.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have spent plenty of cash I things that really don't matter, but I wish I spent the money on better shocks. My jeep is heavy and the TERAFLEX shocks that I have are not the best. I had an opportunity to buy some freshly rebuilt RK rrd's a few months ago and I dragged ass and the dude sold them.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I factory ordered. I'll get it the way I want, eventually. But that would have helped A LOT.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regret:

Wish I could have deleted Premium Sound - Junk and I replaced it all anyway.

I actually added connectivity group for like $400 - dumb because I tore it out and sold Uconnect module for $120

Wish I would have Line-X'd steel bumpers before I put them on the Jeep. Have spotty rust and will end up having to take them off anyway.

Don't completely regret, but looking back would have:

Gone Rubicon instead of Sahara for better front axle and gearing.

Would have gone 16" or 17" wheels instead of 18"

Would have gone 35" tires instead of 33"

Don't regret my red Jeep at all, but every time I see a gecko green Jeep I think it's totally weird, unique and cool looking.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MTMxRubi
Buying a magnaflow black dual exhaust muffler. At least I sold it for 65% of what I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
What did you not like about the MagnaFlow. I have one,what am I missing?

Quick Reply: Regrets - post them here