Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Removing Carpet?

Old 07-23-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Carpet?

So I know the dealers and manual tell you not to because of the heat from the exhaust and engine, but has anyone done this? Any side effects? Also, I know there are wires running to the back right underneath the carpet above the wheel wells. Anyone found a clever way of hiding these so they aren't out in the open with the carpet removed? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

only carpet ive pulled is the front carpet and right under driver seat. It does get a little warm on the feet and yes right above the tranny gets decently hot but not going to burn your skin. I got the Husky floor matts and they work great
Old 07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

the wire are already tucked up when you remove the carpet I remove mine the second dat I had the jeep and lever looked back
Old 07-23-2007, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default RE

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
So I know the dealers and manual tell you not to because of the heat from the exhaust and engine, but has anyone done this? Any side effects? Also, I know there are wires running to the back right underneath the carpet above the wheel wells. Anyone found a clever way of hiding these so they aren't out in the open with the carpet removed? Thanks for any feedback.
pulled all carpet and rhino lined. check out my photos in the project jk photo album. it does get a little warm on long road trips but nothing bad...def. worth doing if you are tired of cleaning dirt and sand out of your carpet after wheeling.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by really_good_guy
pulled all carpet and rhino lined. check out my photos in the project jk photo album. it does get a little warm on long road trips but nothing bad...def. worth doing if you are tired of cleaning dirt and sand out of your carpet after wheeling.
Here's the link to your thread, for those interested.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/pics-my-jeep-including-rhino-liner-9487/
Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

So...I pulled out all my carpet yesterday after some of your posts. Super Easy. I also just got the Husky Floor Liners. They work great. Good Fit and seem pretty durable. Also, I can now sell my vaccum and get a better hose. HaHa.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
So...I pulled out all my carpet yesterday after some of your posts. Super Easy. I also just got the Husky Floor Liners. They work great. Good Fit and seem pretty durable. Also, I can now sell my vaccum and get a better hose. HaHa.
you pull the rear carpet too? I thought about it but i want to keep my rear tub cover in place and having the trapazoid piece of carpet in the middle of metal would look goofy i think
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes I pulled ALL of my carpet out even the rear. I offroad quite a bit and I normally have the top down and all the carpet would get filthy. Frankly I got sick of vacuuming my entire car. Now I use an air hose. So far I have no regrets.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll try to get some up here shortly. Would you like pics with or without the husky liners in? Or both?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For those that have pulled the carpet. What did you do about the carpet cover for the little recessed trunk area? Did you just remove the door? Was the entire tub painted like a TJ? I've peaked under the carpet and mine looks spotty. I'm not so much concerned about the appearance as much as rust due to the water that's going to be getting on it.

Quick Reply: Removing Carpet?