Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Cost of Factory Bumper?

Old 06-01-2007, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement Cost of Factory Bumper?

Hello All,

Yesterday some dude let off his clutch and rolled back into my JK Rubi. Smashed up my passenger side crush can pretty good. Honestly not real damage, just enough to have replace the bumber for cosmetic reasons. I am hoping that the replacement cost from his insurence will cover most of the cost of the Shrockworks mid-length bumper.

I have to say I wasn't upset as I see this fender bender fitting in with my modification "master plan". This will be a good thing since I doubt I could convince the Spousal Unit to let me drop cash on a new bumper on a new Jeep.

Anyway, does anyone know what the cost of a MOPAR factory bumper is? I will have to ship it to South Korea, I hope I can get someone to ship to an APO.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by eodguy789
Hello All,

Yesterday some dude let off his clutch and rolled back into my JK Rubi. Smashed up my passenger side crush can pretty good. Honestly not real damage, just enough to have replace the bumber for cosmetic reasons. I am hoping that the replacement cost from his insurence will cover most of the cost of the Shrockworks mid-length bumper.

I have to say I wasn't upset as I see this fender bender fitting in with my modification "master plan". This will be a good thing since I doubt I could convince the Spousal Unit to let me drop cash on a new bumper on a new Jeep.

Anyway, does anyone know what the cost of a MOPAR factory bumper is? I will have to ship it to South Korea, I hope I can get someone to ship to an APO.
You should be able to purchase one in the $460-$500 range. Shipping that to South Korea......that's another story.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello All,

From the MOPAR Website:

82210341 Bumpers, Off-Road Front, Satin Black. W/O WINCH MOUNT. Includes lic plate, pedestal mount fog lamp holes, and Tubluar Grille Guard. Uses production tow hooks. To replace production Fog lamps also order 8229880 lamps and 82210549 wiring. $475.00

82209744 Bumpers, Off-Road Rear, Includes Tow Eyes. Not drilled for Tire carrier mounting. Compatable with production hitch or tow hook. $512.00
82209916 Bumpers, Off-Road Rear, Includes Tow Eyes. Drilled to accept optional 82210485 Spare Tire carrier. Compatable with production hitch or tow hook. $527.00

82209740 Bumpers, Off-Road Front, Satin Black. Includes Winch Mount, lic plate, pedestal mount fog lamp holes, and Tubular Grille/Winch Guard. Uses production tow hooks. To replace production Fog Lamps also order 8229880 lamps and 82210549 wiring. $555.00

These are the off-road bumpers...the only other listed on the MOPAR website was the Tube bumper. This is what I have--if the MOPAR off-road bumpers were available at the time, I would have gotten one of those; they look really cool.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pm me some pics. If you can wait I can get into my database and write you an estimate on monday
Old 06-02-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

same thing happened to me only some knucklehead rearended me just enough to mush the corner in a little. jeep dealership quoted me 276.00 for the rear bumper.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor

I think he is asking how much the stock tupperware bumper costs....so he wil know how much he's gonna get out of the insurance company....so he can apply that towards a real bumper. Unfortunately I dont know the answer.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cruise the for sale section alot of peoples out there have aftermarket bumpers now.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
Cruise the for sale section alot of peoples out there have aftermarket bumpers now.
He doesn't want to fix it, he wants to get an after market one.

Some guys get all the luck! I will have to start pulling up closer to those people driving sticks!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Right on!!

Originally Posted by shrockworks
I think he is asking how much the stock tupperware bumper costs....so he wil know how much he's gonna get out of the insurance company....so he can apply that towards a real bumper. Unfortunately I dont know the answer.
Absolutely. That is exactly what I want...

Funny in fact that you honed in on that as I intend to get your new mid-size bumper. I don't think the stubby fits my needs, and I do like the fogs. Are you going to have tabs for lights on top like the stubby?

I also want your rock rails, but that will have to wait. I am thinking Anthricite powder coat on bumper, rails and AEV bridger wheels in Anthricite would look pretty cherry.

Would you ship your bumper to an APO address?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
JK Jedi

Absolutely. That is exactly what I want...

Funny in fact that you honed in on that as I intend to get your new mid-size bumper. I don't think the stubby fits my needs, and I do like the fogs. Are you going to have tabs for lights on top like the stubby?

I also want your rock rails, but that will have to wait. I am thinking Anthricite powder coat on bumper, rails and AEV bridger wheels in Anthricite would look pretty cherry.

Would you ship your bumper to an APO address?
Sounds like you better hope for a high estimate on that damaged bumper!

Quick Reply: Replacement Cost of Factory Bumper?