Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Replacing carpet with rubber floor liners?

Old 01-28-2016, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Replacing carpet with rubber floor liners?

So as many of you have surely experienced, wet carpet is a pain to deal with!
Ive thought about getting rid of it and having everything bed lined but then I started thinking about some of the aftermarket bed liners.

Anyone running them without them without carpet? Is it much noisier in the cabin? How does it look? A lot of exposed metal or so any of the brands cover just about as much as the carpet does?

Any pics or suggestions would be appreciated. The alternative is I actually do some research and find someone to bedline it....
Old 01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AXIS
So as many of you have surely experienced, wet carpet is a pain to deal with!
Ive thought about getting rid of it and having everything bed lined but then I started thinking about some of the aftermarket bed liners.

Anyone running them without them without carpet? Is it much noisier in the cabin? How does it look? A lot of exposed metal or so any of the brands cover just about as much as the carpet does?

Any pics or suggestions would be appreciated. The alternative is I actually do some research and find someone to bedline it....
I've been looking at BedTred but I'm unsure about how well they fit, it seemed like reviews were mixed. I would love to see some pics from people who have actually installed it themselves.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do it once & do it right. For the money you're going to spend on rubber liners you might as well bed line the tub. I don't worry about mud, water, snow or salt. Just hose the jeep off and be done. It cost me $450 CDN 3 years ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1071933249.jpg
Views:	1811
Size:	526.0 KB
ID:	635993 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4005582318.jpg
Views:	1771
Size:	558.1 KB
ID:	635989
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2215713880.jpg
Views:	1607
Size:	532.9 KB
ID:	635994

Last edited by Joe_B; 01-28-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I agree with Joe ....... Line-X
Old 01-29-2016, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
^^^ I agree with Joe ....... Line-X
x 3 on Line-X. You will not be sorry.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

I removed the carpet in my '06 LJ and left it just bare for 7years. Yes it's a little noisy but you get use to it. It's doable if you have to. I just bought my '11 JKU and had it Rhino Lined. I love it! It's just as quite as the factory carpet, yet I don't have the wet carpet problem, my windows no longer fog up and my mats stay dry. I would recommend this to any and every one. I also removed the padding and foam from the sport bars and had them rhino lined too.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Line-Xed the tub of my '07 and loved it at first, but once winter set in and I put my top back on the smell drove me insane. I had splitting headaches all winter from it. I made it through the next summer only to have the headaches return in winter. I sold the Jeep and started over because you can't unLine-X it.

I've never heard anyone else complain about it. Just my experience.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking at doing some kinda liner Like Line-X, Rhino, Raptor etc.... or How bout this stuff?

Mass Loaded Vinyl | Soundproofing Materials

Have someone who is an expert at flooring installation use adhesive and put this down.

Anyone ever tried doing something like this?
Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrOutdoorsman86
I removed the carpet in my '06 LJ and left it just bare for 7years. Yes it's a little noisy but you get use to it. It's doable if you have to. I just bought my '11 JKU and had it Rhino Lined. I love it! It's just as quite as the factory carpet, yet I don't have the wet carpet problem, my windows no longer fog up and my mats stay dry. I would recommend this to any and every one. I also removed the padding and foam from the sport bars and had them rhino lined too.
any pics ? Would like,to see the cage lined.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 02-01-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrOutdoorsman86
i never would've thought about spraying the roll bars too..... this is something ive been thinking of doing to my jk, but it is my first year with it, so i haven't expiernced the wet floor problem .... yet..... at least not in the jeep. also never would have thought about the road noise change from the carpet to the spray on... lots of good info here

Quick Reply: Replacing carpet with rubber floor liners?