Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

returning my superchip?

Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Call up superchips they will work with your programmer to make your 3.8L stop pinging. They will make a file number for your case and work with you to fix the issue! Also, try a different gas station, but wait till the winter blend fuel switched could make a difference as well.
Funny, the summer blend gives my Yukon a hard start issue. But the winter blend seems to tap the valves a bit more at start up. That could also be the oil being thicker in colder temps too. Not enough to worry about.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious what the OP ended up doing? I still have pinging with my Superchips regardless of the tune and the "one shot" tunes I am getting from SC don't seem to be resolving the issue. At this point, I am considering getting rid of the flashpaq all together and trying a different tuner.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the end I kept it. I did an update that eliminated most of the pinging. I currently run yow tune with no pinging. After looking at the alternative I decided superchip was still the best way to go.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtjk
In the end I kept it. I did an update that eliminated most of the pinging. I currently run yow tune with no pinging. After looking at the alternative I decided superchip was still the best way to go.
Thanks for the update, even with tow tune the pinging is not completely gone. I put mine back to stock tune this morning to see if there is some other issue going on.

Quick Reply: returning my superchip?