Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Rack Rail Install - FML

Old 01-13-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Rack Rail Install - FML

Anyone else out there install a Rhino Rack Rail to the roof of their hardtop? Well I got this in the mail a week ago and was pretty excited about getting it mounted to the hardtop. Well I followed the instructed to a 'T', measured about 5-6 times to make sure the measurements were correct (Keep in mind they were all in CENTIMETERS) and drilled the holes for the first rail. Well. The measurements were wrong for my hardtop and the nuts would not fit below the top. Ended up having to modify the install so this rail system would work and drilled new holes. Not to mention I had to get some resin and fiberglass sheets to repair the awesome looking holes I just drilled.

Thanks Rhino Racks! You rock!

Just wondering if anyone else out there in JK land has had a similar experience.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that sucks hairy ape nuts!!

Step #1 for me with any mod is to triple check everything. Can't tell you how many times I have received the wrong product or instructions in the box.

I would be on the phone with that company first thing Monday and let them know what happened.

Quick Reply: Rhino Rack Rail Install - FML