Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ripp Supercharger and Transmission cooler

Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckMRN
Don't know how much room there is on the 3.6, but this where I put mine on the 3.8. I don't tow anything, but have never had "Hot Oil" with this set-up

Apparently not enough room behind the radiator. Am trying a larger Hayden cooler in front of the radiator but I have concerns about engine temps by having too much space taken up by the trans cooler in front of the radiator. Will see how it goes. Will take photos when installed.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rippicon
What tranny cooler is that? I have a Ripp and my transmission gets hot when climbing the hill to Big Bear.
In my 2007 I have same issue going to Big Bear, but only on a big hill like that, I can drive up the 15 N with no issue, middle of summer. So it is something about the hill and it's quick incline, But I have 40" tires / d60's and cant expect the little cooler to manage this. But on the other hand when it goes up that hill that RIPP makes my big JK move faster than many of the standard cars going up the hill, passing is no issue. If the hot oil light goes on, I stop for a few minutes it cools down and go again usually only have to stop once. In Moab when I told Ross about it he said of course, and gave me an altitude pulley I will put this on to try it out.

Griffin and CBR sell heat ex changers that hook to radiator fluid, for towing 3,000 pounds you might have to get one. There are also heavy duty transmissions built for towing so you may need to upgrade, I think RIPP sells them now. IMHO the desire to tow 3,000 pounds will cost you more money than you have already spent, it is not your RIPP, it is the transmission, it was not built to support the added HP and towing.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rippicon
What tranny cooler is that? I have a Ripp and my transmission gets hot when climbing the hill to Big Bear.
It's one of the two that come with the PSC hydro kit that used to sit side by each in front of the rad before the SC install. I shit canned the other and use a derale heat sink style for the steering now.

Quick Reply: Ripp Supercharger and Transmission cooler