Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RK Leveling Kit--Help

Old 01-07-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RK Leveling Kit--Help

I just installed a RK leveling kit, but am having problems with the new swaybar disconnects. The disconnects use 1/2" bolts and it requires that you enlarge the holes at the end of the swaybars. Now after drilling for over an hour and burning up 3 drill bits, I have given up and put the stock swaybar links back on. What is the easiest way to enlarge these holes?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

using the right kind of drill bit helps out a lot. in the past, i've used a unibit that goes up to 1/2" and that's worked out the best. using a cobalt metal drilling bit should do the trick as well. it also helps to use a drill that you can control the speed on.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 86 CJ7
I just installed a RK leveling kit, but am having problems with the new swaybar disconnects. The disconnects use 1/2" bolts and it requires that you enlarge the holes at the end of the swaybars. Now after drilling for over an hour and burning up 3 drill bits, I have given up and put the stock swaybar links back on. What is the easiest way to enlarge these holes?
Try using a step bit. Go slow and keep the bit cool with cutting oil.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 CJ7
Are you using cutting oil? Also make sure you are using a high quality drill bit. Go slow and steady....don't forget the cutting oil!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Can't say enough times to use a SLOW drill speed. If not, you will dull out the bit in less than a minute.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the advise. I have a unibit in my toolbox. I get some oil today and give it another go at it his afternoon.

Quick Reply: RK Leveling Kit--Help