Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system

Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seanb33
Yea, it's an unlimited sport auto. Completely stock, no bumpers, no armor, absolutely nothing yet, so I'll be riding a little tall for a while. I really don't want to replace a driveshaft right now so I guess I'll take the gamble and see how long it lasts.

Thanks,
Sean
I have the same lift kit you have and shortly after, I found that the boot had a tear in it. My JK is a 2010, so the rubber may have baked in the hot Texas summers a couple of times to get brittle, but I am installing a new drife shaft, now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	432649
Old 03-11-2013, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll be looking into that as well. If I keep the wheeling to a minimum until I get a new driveshaft, should I have any problems with the stock one?
Only one way to find out! Just make sure you have a friend with you when you go wheeling.

Probably won't outright 'break', but will be easy to damage. I wouldn't consider using the factory DS on a 3.5" lift.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John2010JK
I have the same lift kit you have and shortly after, I found that the boot had a tear in it. My JK is a 2010, so the rubber may have baked in the hot Texas summers a couple of times to get brittle, but I am installing a new drife shaft, now.

Attachment 432649
If you don't mind me asking, how much does a new driveshaft and all the hardware run?

Originally Posted by suicideking
Only one way to find out! Just make sure you have a friend with you when you go wheeling.

Probably won't outright 'break', but will be easy to damage. I wouldn't consider using the factory DS on a 3.5" lift.
Yea I've heard of people never having a problem with their driveshaft but I guess I'll wait and see how that works out for me. Hopefully it'll last a while since I'll only be doing a few easy trails by my house but I will save up some money for a new driveshaft just incase
Old 03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. How is the ride and handling without the high steer on a 3.5" lift? I thought I've seen the track bar bracket bolted on, but I'll have it welded as recommended.

Thanks,
Sean
It rides nice! I love it. It has zero bump steer and handles like a little race car to me!

I have never owned a car and haven't driven one in a long time but feels like a race car to me! Er, minus the power of coarse haha.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finfreeze
It rides nice! I love it. It has zero bump steer and handles like a little race car to me!

I have never owned a car and haven't driven one in a long time but feels like a race car to me! Er, minus the power of coarse haha.
Good to hear! Hopefully I'll experience the same as you have, the ride is just more firm correct?
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

I need to check into this because I hate when I hit a bump and the jeep goes crazy
Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by shield9
I need to check into this because I hate when I hit a bump and the jeep goes crazy
Don't want to hi-jack the thread but what set up do you have? Have you checked for wear in your steering components? PM us so we can help you correct your issue.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to hear! Hopefully I'll experience the same as you have, the ride is just more firm correct?
Yeah, its a nice firm controlled ride.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finfreeze
Yeah, its a nice firm controlled ride.
Great! Thanks for the help
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

If you don't mind me asking, how much does a new driveshaft and all the hardware run?
It will depend who you buy from. Tom Woods was recommended to me. I didn't go with them first, but I wish I did.

Rock Krawler seems to be a great company to work with. I talked to a tech support guy and have received a lot of good help.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system