Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rock Krawler

I had a long arm lift from you guys on my Rubicon TJ, and man did it FLEX... I have a small lift now on my JK, but eventually will get back to a long arm
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnabird333

I haven't seen a response on this... (Since it's been a while I thought I would bump it up) I would kinda like to see an answer before ordering my lift.
Me either but patiently waiting for a response though. Maybe we should ask on JKO forum, RK responds almost daily on their tech thread. IDK???
Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been doing my RK lift in pieces as I get free time. One day last week I put on the 2.5" coils, Bilstein shocks, front trackbar, rear trackbar bracket and all 4 swaybar links. At this time I also put on my new 35" mtr/kevlar. After doing all this it drove fine, but there was a very slight pull to the right. I just assumed this was from the new tires. Today I put on the front lower control arms (both adjusted to 23 1/8") and now it pulls hard right. Both front and rear axles are centered and caster seems to be between 4 and 6 degrees with both left and right appearing to be equal. Is this something that a professional alignment should take care of or could there be something else going on?

I planned on adding rear upper and lower control arms and the rear trackbar sometime this week but I would like to know whats going on with the front before I add more variables into the mix.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 79cj12jk
Me either but patiently waiting for a response though. Maybe we should ask on JKO forum, RK responds almost daily on their tech thread. IDK???
I had a 2012 2 door for a short time with the 2.5 X-Factor on it. When fully loaded with gear the exhaust and rear track bar made contact at the bolt on the connection between the muffler/exit pipe and the rest of the exhaust. I took a sawzall to the bolt and it didn't hit after that. I was in a hurry, and you might not want to take this course of action.

That clamp is bolted on, but it is also tack welded to the pipe so you'll have to chisel that spot weld to break it loose if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe I'm off and you guys are having contact elsewhere, but I thought I'd chime in.

Originally Posted by jduda
I've been doing my RK lift in pieces as I get free time. One day last week I put on the 2.5" coils, Bilstein shocks, front trackbar, rear trackbar bracket and all 4 swaybar links. At this time I also put on my new 35" mtr/kevlar. After doing all this it drove fine, but there was a very slight pull to the right. I just assumed this was from the new tires. Today I put on the front lower control arms (both adjusted to 23 1/8") and now it pulls hard right. Both front and rear axles are centered and caster seems to be between 4 and 6 degrees with both left and right appearing to be equal. Is this something that a professional alignment should take care of or could there be something else going on?

I planned on adding rear upper and lower control arms and the rear trackbar sometime this week but I would like to know whats going on with the front before I add more variables into the mix.
Do you have a Bilstein stabilizer on the Jeep along with the shocks? Pull it off if so and your pull will likely be gone.

If you don't have the Bilstein stabilizer try dropping the axle side link on your lower control arms and cranking the joint out (lengthen) one full turn. You can do this with the Jeep on the ground and a large ratchet strap (2.5" or bigger for safety's sake) will help you get the axle twisted just enough to put the bolt back in. You should have a little cross caster in your front end to keep it tracking straight.

If that doesn't solve it then make sure your MTRs are all installed with the OUTBOARD side facing the world. That might cause a little radial pull, but shouldn't be anything extreme.

Marcus
Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

No aftermarket SS

I know the JK comes with cross caster from the factory but I wasn't sure if that got eliminated when adding a lift. I'll add a little to the passenger side and see if that helps.

Thanks

edit: Is this something that should be done with upper arms (leaving the lowers equal to each other) or am I just over-complicating it?

Last edited by jduda; 06-03-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 PM
JK Jedi

Do you guys sell just the coil spring offset perches thats included in your 3" rear stretch? Also how far offset is it im thinking it would almost have to be 4" as they seem off just being lifted. I doubt there that big though?
Old 06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jduda
No aftermarket SS

I know the JK comes with cross caster from the factory but I wasn't sure if that got eliminated when adding a lift. I'll add a little to the passenger side and see if that helps.

Thanks

edit: Is this something that should be done with upper arms (leaving the lowers equal to each other) or am I just over-complicating it?
Leave your uppers as they are and put a turn out on the passenger side lower control arm. See how that does. When you installed new control arms, set to equal length, you eliminated the cross caster.

If you haven't had it professionally aligned it is worth the $100 to do so IMO. Get it to someone that isn't afraid of adjustable control arms though...the Midas touch isn't what you need on that JK. LOL

Marcus
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Bjl
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by big dr
Don't mean to hi-jack the thread,, but, who makes the most comfortable boxer brief?
Really ?!?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big dr
Don't mean to hi-jack the thread,, but, who makes the most comfortable boxer brief?
Whatever ones have the comfort soft waistband Haha
Old 06-04-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Bump for my previous question before this derailed...

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members