Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 05-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Yeah, that is our MO. LOL...

Lets see, ChuckTheRipper got free arms because we found the washer was not through hardened in his and only surface hardened. Instead of just swapping the washers we sent him new arms for free.

Dirtman is going to be Dirtman.

Unfortunately, forums seem to be going by the way side and instead of being a valuable resource for information and support, they turn into a bitch session for a small few. We try to keep it the other way, but what can you do.

We will continue to be on forums to support jeepers, our products and jeepers builds, but watching and reading all of the banter even amongst yourselves in this thread is exactly why a lot of manufacturers are not on forums anymore to help you guys out. #truth

RK
This seems like encouragement of fanboyism to me and to someone that typically reponds pretty obnoxiously in this forum and not one of the more respected forum voices assisting others with information. So you might want to think again when you say there's nothing you can do about fanboys and haters alike. It's these types of fanboy responses you're encouraging that opened up the door and invited in the hater responses in this discussion.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
This seems like encouragement of fanboyism to me and to someone that typically reponds pretty obnoxiously in this forum and not one of the more respected forum voices assisting others with information. So you might want to think again when you say there's nothing you can do about fanboys and haters alike. It's these types of fanboy responses you're encouraging that opened up the door and invited in the hater responses in this discussion.
hahahah you sound like a middle schooler pointing fingers at a 'bully' because we haven't seen eye to eye on something. Relax man, I'm far from a "RK fanboy." The only things on my JK that are RK are my coils and front track bar. Everything else is a mix of Synergy, Metalcloak, Teraflex, Rancho, Crawler Conceptz, Warn, EVO, Genright, Poison Spyder, JKS, etc...

My point is that this reminds me of WOL right now, where the immediate response was to go call all RK products trash and now this petty bickering. For the record: my coils have been on for almost 2 years now and are in what I consider 'acceptable' condition considering the wheeling they see and the winter road salt they get covered in every year. They've had small areas of rust on the upper and lower ends near the coil perches... my old coils had this too. The coil perches actually have a lot more rust. I hit the entire frame, skids, and the axles with black paint every spring after I finally wash the Jeep anyways so I never gave it much though. My coils haven't had any sagging issues that others have experienced. Those who had sagging coils had them replaced for free though if I understand correctly.

RK is also offering these products at a cheaper price than competitors. Accept that you get what you pay for, and either jump through a few hoops and get them replaced under warranty...or pay the extra money for Metalcloak or Synergy Arms. It's like the Smittybilt vs Warn winch argument
Old 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
In all honesty, how do you think it should be written or handled? If there are a very select few that want to throw jabs at you all day long, how many jabs are you going to take before you throw a punch of your own? Really, I would like to know your take on that? We certainly do not condone our "fan boys" as you would call them bashing other companies. If we ever see an issue with another company from one of our "fan boys" we always post and tell the people to contact that company directly. There are a lot of good companies out there...
Old 05-30-2017, 01:35 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Marcus or whoever at RCO can feel free to contact me on the open forum and not hide behind PM's like RK likes to do. If you want to be left out of the pissing contests then STFU and don't enter them.

You guys come on here and tell us that you are just doing it to help out the jeeping community when in reality this is just cheap advertising and easy prey on a group of people that is ignorant about suspensions. You guys are here to sell stuff and make money.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
In all honesty, how do you think it should be written or handled?
Thanks for asking. I'll just re-post what TheDirtman stated earlier since it pretty much summarizes my viewpoint.
We often get in pissing matches in these forums. It happens, a lot of us are often over enthusiastic and passionate to a fault. Discussions about tires seem to be the worst, with lifts and suspension components a close 2nd. As a vendor representative, it is best to ignore that nonsense noise and just attempt to move the discussion along in a forward and more productive direction. I get it. You're likely proud of your work and it sucks getting kicked without being able to kick back. I would suggest reading the Mishimoto radiator thread in this forum section. Not so much for the discussion content, but just to observe how they some how maintain their composure through all the B.S. that gets thrown their way. With the current problems they're working through with their radiator quality problems and forum member backlash, I really have to commend those guys for hanging in there and continuing to take the high road.

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Actually I think you are doing damage to your brand by being on these forums and having threads like this. You would be better off not getting into stupid fights with people and if you are having issues with quality control and some products slip out the door you could simply add a link to your website's (which could use some work) support page. You also don't help yourselves by sending PM's to forum members bashing people and other companies behind their backs that you have a beef with. Instead of promoting good will and solutions for issues that arise you have created a group of people that are pissed off at you and will try and educate people past the marketing bs and mindless owners of your products that just try and justify their purchase of your product by pushing your brand on others. You could also do a registry for owners so you know what they have and can send out emails when you have issues on your products. Maybe host your own sub forum on your site for your products. Many of these other manufacturers simply don't have the issues arise from their products and don't have the hype your customers believe.

Many of your customers remind me of the mindless that follow WOL and have no idea about suspensions or their components and believe the marketing and the other ignorant fan boys that push a single product. These people believe your products are perfect and never fail, they also expect any issue with a product to be fixed at no cost under warrantee (you advertise the lifetime warrantee right?) People that don't buy your stuff typically have a better knowledge of suspensions and don't expect a component to be replaced for free when they are abused or installed wrong.

If your current joint (which was toted as the best thing out there when introduced) is so sensitive to proper set up and torque then maybe a tag could be placed on one in the box with a big red "important" warning on it describing set up or refers to the instructions. I have never had any other joint that was so sensitive to set up. Metal Cloak and Currie joints are ready to go out of the box. IF a customer needs a special tool to do a proper set up initially it should be included in the kit! If you need a special grease for your joints include at least a tube of it in the kit. Maybe your thoughts are if you hide the fact you need to do more things and need special tools for your kits, then people will choose another brand, I don't know, but I can see how people get frustrated buying a so called top shelf suspension only to find out they have to do something out of the ordinary.

You want to be know as a premium high quality suspension company but have a poor reliability record over the years, one of the worst I have seen in the suspension world. Hell RC has fewer complaints then you do and they sell a lot more lifts. You generally blame the customer when something goes wrong or blame a supplier for a small batch of something gone wrong. In the end it is YOU that is responsible for the quality control and giving clear concise instructions that are easy to follow for the end user. People really don't want you to simply throw new products to replace worn out stuff, or excuses, they want a product they don't have to mess with once they invest all that money in it.

Having Marcus joining in on your little pissing contests is not going to do anything for his reputation or business either. But its your businesses run them into the ground if you want. I don't make a dime off the people on the forums, I just try and help educated them.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Rednroll
Old 05-30-2017, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If finances weren't an issue, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase RK products. Not because they're "the best" or anything like that. I'd purchase their products because of their customer service. Mishaps happen whether it's manufacturing or installation. What's important to me is how the company handles it. RK seen there was a problem and they done the best they could to resolve the problem. By asking questions it pin points the issue specific to the problem. If it was an install error maybe the issue is with the install instructions. If the install was done correctly then there may be a manufacturing error going on. Either way, the issue is addressed and resolved. I applaud RK for having an open tech line here on the forum. I'm getting helpful information from the hard core crawlers, the mall crawlers and from an actual manufacturer. My JEEP is my dd. I'm not hard core..YET but I do get off road some and I, Lord forgive me, go to Wal-Mart and yes..the mall..in my Jeep. So I place value on everybodies feedback. I haven't read yet where RK didn't answer a question or offer advice to anybody..crawler or mall hopper. Seems like their customer service, on here, is pretty awesome. Maybe the QC needs a checkup..dunno. But that's why RK is on here, right? To offer tech assistance, answer questions and get feedback. Seems to me that RK is doing a lot more than some other companies out there. Just my 2 cents but like I said, I'd buy their products.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Some people just have a hard on for company's they don't like and NOTHING those company's ever do will change their minds...

Those people I just don't listen to their advice ....simple
Old 05-31-2017, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Same thing can be said of the supporters that push a product they bought to tell themselves they did the right thing.
Caryt you are a dealer for RK right?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock Krawler has made this right in my eyes, they also told me it's stupid to check the joints when new, they should be assembled correctly from them. My lift was a fluke hopefully.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members