Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 01-25-2018, 02:54 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

So do you make your coils or are they made by someone else?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with RK is not necessarily with JK pieces, but LJ pieces. I just chose to chime in because of some things I read here. The long arm kit I got from them was both good and bad. The brackets and skid were awesome. The springs settled more than I'd have liked and they rode harsh on the road, but great on the trail. What I hated about that kit was their joints. Terrible design. They didn't last and they kept coming apart on me. All I got from them was to be sure to use locktite on the set screws. And then the special 000 grease they want you to use. And then to prove their lack of attention to detail...the rear uppers were not double adjustable. Those are the hardest bolts to get to (and remove the arm) and they made those upper arms a huge PITA to adjust. All they needed was to tap one end for a LH thread and use a LH threaded joint there. So ya, my JKU won't be sporting any RK stuff on it. American Made is awesome, and I'll go there almost every time...but it still has to be a good product!

Last edited by fromme; 01-29-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
So do you make your coils or are they made by someone else?

Are you asking if we design, spec and test them in house or are you asking if we spin the wire, turn it and heat treat it in house?

Adam C
Old 01-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Annnnnnddddd my RK coils are now sagging a considerable amount on the passenger side with an empty tank of gas. I believe ChuckTheRipper had this exact same problem.

RK, I've had these coils since July of 2016 and all the mods on my Jeep are very weight conscious (frame chop bumpers, aluminum tire carrier, no rear seat, synthetic winch line). Only have 32K miles on it now, and I installed them with 15k miles (Jeep is not my daily). You guys stand behind your coils? I don't wheel with any passengers either.

Should note that I cut and welded new rear coil perches in the rear a while ago. No spring bow. All 8 C/A's are adjusted properly. Perfect rear pinion angle. I can email pictures if it'll actually get me a solution. Otherwise I will also be switching coil manufacturers soon. Oh yeah, mine are also covered in surface rust...I've had to repaint them multiple times
We would love to try to help you out here. What sway bars are you running front and rear? Are you taking your measurements with both sway bars connected, disconnected or are you using anti-rocks or some soft long travel sway bars?
Old 01-29-2018, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

[QUOTE=Rock Krawler Suspension;4313043]Are you asking if we design, spec and test them in house or are you asking if we spin the wire, turn it and heat treat it in house?

Adam C[/QUOTE

Is the question that hard to comprehend? The matter you design, spec, and test is irrelevant to the question. Do you actually build the coils? I don't know of any lift company that actually makes their own coils.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jadmt
so I see these rk06060 are on the website but they say they have a usable length of 20.125 to 21.0 that can't be right stock ones are much longer than that at 22 5/8 and how can fixed arms have almost an inch of adjustment?
The RK06060 are fixed length front lowers. Can you shoot us a link to where you are showing them as adjustable so we can be sure to get that corrected?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=TheDirtman;4313051]
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Are you asking if we design, spec and test them in house or are you asking if we spin the wire, turn it and heat treat it in house?

Adam C[/QUOTE

Is the question that hard to comprehend? The matter you design, spec, and test is irrelevant to the question. Do you actually build the coils? I don't know of any lift company that actually makes their own coils.
We do not manufacture the coils here. They are done in the states and do use a Silicon Modified wire that comes from Germany. With you, everything seems to be a trick question so we wanted to be 100% sure we were answering the question correctly...
Old 01-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fromme
My experience with RK is not necessarily with JK pieces, but LJ pieces. I just chose to chime in because of some thinks I read here. The long arm kit I got from them was both good and bad. The brackets and skid was awesome. The springs settled more than I'd have liked and they rode harsh on the road, but great on the trail. What I hated about that kit was their joints. Terrible design. They didn't last and they kept coming apart on me. All I got from them was to be sure to use locktite on the set screws. And then the special 000 grease they want you to use. And then to prove their lack of attention to detail...the rear uppers were not double adjustable. Those are the hardest bolts to get to (and remove the arm) and they made those upper arms a huge PITA to adjust. All they needed was to tape one end for a LH thread and use a LH threaded joint there. So ya, my JKU won't be sporting any RK stuff on it. American Made is awesome, and I'll go there almost every time...but it still has to be a good product!

When did you get your LJ kit sir? A lot of things are different now including the fact that 99% of the bars that are straight are double adjustable (i.e. inside the vehicle). There were a few barriers to this prior that have been cleared so now we do it.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did you get your LJ kit sir? A lot of things are different now including the fact that 99% of the bars that are straight are double adjustable (i.e. inside the vehicle). There were a few barriers to this prior that have been cleared so now we do it.
I bought it in the spring of 2016 through Starr Motors. Like I said, the joints kept coming apart on me, and I'm still scratching my head on how those rear uppers that attach inside the rear cradle weren't double adjustable. Do you have any idea how difficult that makes something to set up? You can't just simply remove the bolt from the joint and spin it in our out...the whole dang arm has to pretty much be removed. And since it's triangulated, it's just about impossible to do one at a time and still keep the axle centered. It doesn't matter, I've since sold my LJ. But that experience still sits with me as I'm looking at options for my JK. Will it be 10 years after the last JK model before you get this one right? I'm not a RK hater, but this all accurate.

Last edited by fromme; 01-29-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

The RK06060 are fixed length front lowers. Can you shoot us a link to where you are showing them as adjustable so we can be sure to get that corrected?
off your web page but it looks like it has been corrected. It still does not show the length which to many is important..

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members