Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members

Old 11-05-2018, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by jsukey
That question might be better suited for Teraflex since you are still running their control arms...I’m assuming. All lift kits are not created equal.
I'd submit that the length of the control arm depends more on the brand of spring than the arm itself. Different manufacturer springs will net various differences in lift. Regardless of brand of arm, the length will be determined by lift height. I have RK springs, but I think I struggled to find their recommended lengths when I installed adjustable arms further down the road. I just used recommend lengths found in the instructions for a different brand spring that commonly nets more lift (like RK springs do) than the stated number. It will get you close enough to start, and then might need to tweak them based on alignment specs.

Originally Posted by karls10jk
with adjusting height you're looking at caster changes which an alignment shop can fix with adjustable arms.
Not sure other parts of the country, but around my area this is not included in the basic cost of an alignment. They will do it for an extra charge though. Just be prepared that it could cost more.

If you're handy, you can easily take the alignment specs and tweak the front upper arms a bit shorter or longer to account for raising or lowering your caster once back at home.
The following users liked this post:
jsukey (11-05-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxjk
How’s it going? I just installed 3.5 rock krawler coils. Changing from 2.5 teraflex.
My question is I have the new coils in and I’m getting that flighty feeling up front at highway speeds. I also have adjustable control arms all around. By any chance do you know what length the control arms should be at top and bottom front and rear for your coil springs. And should I adjust or have my Jeep professionally aligned ? Will they adjust control arms ?
Thanks
Sorry for the delay, all of our techs were at SEMA and just getting back into the office today. What you are describing is typically indicative of low caster. You can find our recommended starting lengths for each lift height in our online instructions HERE starting at page 5.

Adam C
Old 11-08-2018, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate all the info. You guys are the best
Old 11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default Rock krawler 1.5” max travel upgrade to X factor

I have a 1.5” max travel kit and I want to upgrade to a 1.5” X factor and I’d like to slide the axle back the one inch to gain extra clearance on the pinch seam. What would I have to buy to make the upgrade thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 11BlackJKUR
I have a 1.5” max travel kit and I want to upgrade to a 1.5” X factor and I’d like to slide the axle back the one inch to gain extra clearance on the pinch seam. What would I have to buy to make the upgrade thanks in advance
What generation is the Max Travel you have? In the rear, does yours have upper OR lower arms? Current production includes uppers but, in the past we made it with lowers.

Adam C
Old 11-14-2018, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

My kit came with lower rear arms
Old 11-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Former Vendor

You'd be looking at adding:
Front upper arms RK02020
Rear Upper arms RK02028B
Rear lower arms (if you want that 1" of axle movement rearward) RK02022
Rear spring perches RK03866
Rear Track Bar RK02026B
Rear adjustable sway bar links RK05185

Adam C
Old 11-15-2018, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Wow I thought the rear arms my kit came with were adjustable? I’m assuming the spring perches are weld on?
Can you recommend a place to buy the spring perches I only seen the 3” and the 6”.
thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 06:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Thats called an "upgradeable" arm. You upgrade to a longer one and throw the other away.
Its due to the inherant design flaw of the the RK short arms and their joint design to fit those arms. You are looking at a lot of jack to save from doing some minor trimming. I would serious look into alternatives vs buying stuff from a company that touts "upgradeable" and then requires you to buy components you already bought.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah it does sound like a lot for an upgrade and it is bs I have to buy at least two hundred dollar control arms twice.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Suspension Open Tech Line for JK Forum Members