Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rock slider questions

Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock slider questions

so right now i'm currently deployed in afghanistan with limited time to be able to search the forums as thouroughly as i would like to look for any advice on some rock sliders and some opinons. my 3 choices are the offroad evo sliders, fab fours, or the l.o.d. sliders and i want durability and strength first and foremost. any help and insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by LBJEEPER
so right now i'm currently deployed in afghanistan with limited time to be able to search the forums as thouroughly as i would like to look for any advice on some rock sliders and some opinons. my 3 choices are the offroad evo sliders, fab fours, or the l.o.d. sliders and i want durability and strength first and foremost. any help and insight is greatly appreciated.
I was debating between the shrockworks and LOD rocker guards and decided on LOD because I liked the idea of having more of a solid step for getting in and out of the Jeep. I bought the textured black and they have been really easy to repaint when they've gotten a scratch or scrape. I ordered from Northridge 4X4 and they arrived in approximately 3 to 4 week. Best of luck with your decision.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too was torn between the Shrockworks and the LOD also. I pick the Shrockworks because they didn’t have a solid step. I thought it would be a mud collector. But out of the three you mentioned I would go with LOD. They look good too.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

thank you for all the input
Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the LoD sliders & am very happy with them. I did get them specifically because they have a step on them (I need it) It isnt huge but it is plenty big enough for my purposes. I was torn between these & the PJ rockers. My third choice was the Shrockworks. I didnt consider anything that required welding, as I dont have the ability to do that right now. I like the idea of weld on, and mine will likely get burned in someday, I just cant do it right now.

Quick Reply: rock slider questions