Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rocker guards - What are my no-drill choices?

Old 04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker guards - What are my no-drill choices?

I am thinking about changing out my Sahara side steps, for some stepable rocker guards similar to the Body Armor ones or the Shrockworks. Here's the catch--I don't want to drill any holes, so that eliminates the Shrockworks. The Body Armor ones don't require any drilling, but they are just held on by three bolts Does that sound like enough bolts? Does anyone have feedback on the Body Armor guards? What are my other no-drill choices besides Body Armor?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

What is wrong with drilling holes? I put the Shrockworks ones on mine and it was not that big of a deal. If you want something that is frame mounted and is for more then just show, chances are you will have to drill a couple of holes. There are quite a few that just bolt to the pinch seem that may work for you.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dougr5150
What is wrong with drilling holes? I put the Shrockworks ones on mine and it was not that big of a deal. If you want something that is frame mounted and is for more then just show, chances are you will have to drill a couple of holes. There are quite a few that just bolt to the pinch seem that may work for you.
I want something that will mount up to the existing holes and something that will cover the holes on the pinch seam. I wouldn't mind drilling a couple of holes in the frame, but some of the siders like the Mopar ones with the extra rails and the Pure Jeep ones require that you drill the body. I absolutely will not drill additional holes in the body.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:21 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the shrockwork ones don't drill into the body at all. Of course if you dont want to drill you can always just weld them on.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
I want something that will mount up to the existing holes and something that will cover the holes on the pinch seam. I wouldn't mind drilling a couple of holes in the frame, but some of the siders like the Mopar ones with the extra rails and the Pure Jeep ones require that you drill the body. I absolutely will not drill additional holes in the body.
The Shrockworks ones do not cover up the pinch seam so you can still see all of the holes in it. I think Warn makes one that bolts to the pinch seam but then also has a tube that sticks out a couple of inches that could be used as a step

Last edited by dougr5150; 04-03-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

never mind I think I found some pictures of one that might work for you.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12122_501_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12053_413_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12112_402_07.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...ds&c=24&cv=100

Hope this helps

Doug
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dougr5150
never mind I think I found some pictures of one that might work for you.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12122_501_07.htm

Doug
The Warn ones say some drilling required...

Originally Posted by jckid
Might be worth it to look into some local fab shops and see if they make them. It's on a long list of "To Do", but there's places around here that custom make them in-house for cheaper, no drilling, and mount to the frame.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 AM
Former Vendor

I think we have a remedy for you. If requested we have made the sliders low enough to fit the stock slider, covering the holes you don't want to see.

Nick
Old 06-13-2007, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4EverLSU
Might be worth it to look into some local fab shops and see if they make them. It's on a long list of "To Do", but there's places around here that custom make them in-house for cheaper, no drilling, and mount to the frame.
That's what I'm looking to do. I'm looking at more of the Shrocksworks design because they do mount to the frame and no holes to the body.

Don't forget, holes in the frame are permanent. On the body, they at least can be filled and touched up later.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can weld patches on the frame as well. simple bolt on ones, that don't require any drilling at all, may not be able to support the vehicle with a jack. it may not be an issue for you, just something to think about.

Quick Reply: Rocker guards - What are my no-drill choices?