Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rockwells and mogs vs. sensors

Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockwells and mogs vs. sensors

I would sure like to run some rockwells or some mog portals on my wrangler. Is there anyone out there that can help me with some kind of bypass or redirection, a flash, an emulator, or any other solution to running bullet proof axles and having wheel speed sensors? There's a output for the speedo off the transmission, is there any way to emulate a signal off that for them. I don't care about abs, stabilitrac, or anything of that nature. This jk Is not going to be on the streets or highways, specifically a trailer queen and will probably have a top speed of 45. But everyone i talk to says the transmission will freak out if there is no signal from front and rear wheels. Has anyone found or heard of a remedy for this?
Old 10-16-2012, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Creepwithjeep
I would sure like to run some rockwells or some mog portals on my wrangler. Is there anyone out there that can help me with some kind of bypass or redirection, a flash, an emulator, or any other solution to running bullet proof axles and having wheel speed sensors? There's a output for the speedo off the transmission, is there any way to emulate a signal off that for them. I don't care about abs, stabilitrac, or anything of that nature. This jk Is not going to be on the streets or highways, specifically a trailer queen and will probably have a top speed of 45. But everyone i talk to says the transmission will freak out if there is no signal from front and rear wheels. Has anyone found or heard of a remedy for this?
No first hand knowledge but from what I've read, you can run any axle without the sensors. Only drawback is you will light up the dash. I don't recall reading that the vehicle will act any different with them disconnected just the display of lights.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

It would be so nice to never have to worry about axles again.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just run Dana 60's. Aftermarket companies make them specific for our application and they are plug and play. I would also think that you would have an easier time finding replacement parts.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Rockwells and mogs are cheaper and way stronger than 60's, I'll be building my own upper and lower arms and so I'm not necessarily concerned with stock suspension and placement, and I like the concept of being indestructible.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Found it, I called up the guys at wildboarproducts.com and they told me of an imulator that can be purchased in the neighborhood of $280.00 that tells your jeeps computer everything is fine even though there is no signal from the wheel speed sensors.

Quick Reply: Rockwells and mogs vs. sensors