Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Roofrack on the hard top

Old 09-02-2009, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boyscout bob
With these tops cracking just from taking tops off/on at the bolt holes, I wonder how well all that extra weight, and wind resistence would affect the integrity of them. It looks clean though. Would use it if it did not trash my top.
x2

I would think that you would want to drill all the way through and use a fender washer (or fabricate a larger washer) to try to spread out the force as much as possible.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the rack, it looks real clean...
But I agree on drilling all the way through and using some kind of large washer or maybe a piece of stainless flat bar running from front to back, so it will distribute the weight better...
Old 09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is when going off road. The bumpy ride more than triples the weight on top. You will crack the roof.

Quick Reply: Roofrack on the hard top