Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5 lift

Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TomStev
Just wanted to say I havnt had trouble out of this kit. I don't know where you got your measurements, but mine actually gave me 3.5 on the front and 3 on the back which I thought was odd but the front went down about 1/4" with my new bumper and winch.
it's the coil length measurements compared to oe from RC per coil, not your actual lift height. All good though, I'm over it, tossed all my RC awhile back for higher performing Rock Krawler, EVO and fox
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running this Kit for awhile now, I like how it rides and handles. I plan on moving the rear shocks up about 1" or so to get more axle droop. I'm running 37" KM2's with this lift and a 1.25" BL also from RC.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0824120806a.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	390835   Click image for larger version

Name:	0720121832a.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	390836  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 AM
JK Newbie

I just finished installing rough country 2 1/2 inch spacer kit because I wanted lift without a difference in ride quality. The Jeep drove the same as it did stock, it was just that both axles were moved to the passenger side. I ordered the bracket and front track bar just to make it right, I could of just left it that way, it wasn't really noticable with the stock 255 tires, but I'm buying 35's soon and I had a feeling it may cause rub issues or look more pronounced. Good luck !!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by robbyprc
Does anyone have experience with this lift. The coils and shocks? Anything missing from the kit i need to buy? I have heard talk of needing a rear track bar bracket, and an adjustable front trac bar. I have also heard that as long as you stick with the 2.5 lift you will not need any of these parts. I would love to hear from anyone with the experience. I am on a strict college budget and this kit fits it perfectly? Also any pictures.
I just finished installing rough country 2 1/2 inch spacer kit because I wanted lift without a difference in ride quality. The Jeep drove the same as it did stock, it was just that both axles were moved to the passenger side. I ordered the bracket and front track bar just to make it right, I could of just left it that way, it wasn't really noticable with the stock 255 tires, but I'm buying 35's soon and I had a feeling it may cause rub issues or look more pronounced. Good luck !!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

I've had this lift for a little over a year now... Compared to the stock Rubicon suspension (2dr) I find it rides a little firmer but I don't mind it.

I did the install myself, with the help of a buddy. Neither of us had done a suspension lift before, but with time, patience and the internet we got it done in a Saturday afternoon.

A couple notes from my install (or, more so afterwards) that you may want to take into consideration... You do not need anything else other than what's in the kit, however a few things to keep in mind...

- keep an eye on your brake lines, they'll be that much tighter unless you change the brackets. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

- A ProCal will help you re-centre the steering wheel if necessary. I did not need to do this or do an alignment after install... Had it checked by a shop to confirm, all good.

- I put 35" tires on shortly after doing the lift... My stock Rubicon rock rails we're extremely close to the rear tires (less than 1" clearance when sitting level). I removed them and cut them down based on a write-up on here so it's no longer an issue, just know you may need to do this as well.

- Longer bump stops would help keep the tires out of the (stock) fenders... Again, not necessary but something to keep in mind depending on what type of wheeling you do.

- I installed a LOD rear bumper & TC as well and found that the springs sagged about 1.5" from this. I kind of expected this but am not happy with the look of it now. I have ordered spacers to put on the rear springs which should fix that however had I known in advance I'd have installed the spacers at the same time as the lift instead of having to take it apart twice.

Again, I'm happy with the lft for the $$ paid. I understand that there are more comprehensive kits out there and that ride quality is an opinion but for me, it works.

If you have any questions let me know.

Cheers

A pic for reference:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	390913
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Rough Country sucks. Bye