Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5" "New Redesigned Springs"

Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 2.5" "New Redesigned Springs"

Well Saturday put the new springs that RC sent to fix the sagging spring issue on my JK unlimited.

Pulled the rear sagging springs outs no problems with new ones going in with same ease. Began to lower after all installed and noticed springs are identical to sagging ones I had and top 3 were touching immediately. Put front in which was little more difficult and no springs are touching, close but no touching and still at the 30 1/4" (from top of front bumper).

So all in all updated springs I received were the same as before and still harsh ride on small highway bumps. It is the same height as the guy with the "Tracking RC lift" so guess this is just how it is so guess it'll stay this way until I go a different route.

Cant say enough about most of RC's Customer Service, most guys you talk to will do all they can for you, others not. So this is not a thread to bash on RC just an udate on the new springs that I received after all the testing.

Last edited by MX355; 01-18-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiosity, do you have a 2 door or 4 door?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

4 door sorry for not posting.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

I have had a set of RC coils on my jeep, haven't been on there too long, and they are the pre-redesigned coils, but I have been very pleased with them so far. They are stiffer than stock, which I happen to like, and do ride rougher, but I have been very satisfied. The rears do have the top about 3 that look as if they are fully compressed, but they have a little space between. Like I said though, they haven't been on for very long. I was going to give the redesigned rears a try if mine start sagging, but if they aren't any different, I will probably just throw a spacer back there. Anywho, thanks for the info. Anyone else who gets to give the new coils a try keep us posted on your experince. Layta
Old 01-18-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like most of the people who have problems have 4 doors. I havent heard too many people having problems with the 2 door. The reason I am curious is because I am getting this lift in the next couple of months. I have the 2 door so I am hoping to be ok.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssunde1
I have had a set of RC coils on my jeep, haven't been on there too long, and they are the pre-redesigned coils, but I have been very pleased with them so far. They are stiffer than stock, which I happen to like, and do ride rougher, but I have been very satisfied. The rears do have the top about 3 that look as if they are fully compressed, but they have a little space between. Like I said though, they haven't been on for very long. I was going to give the redesigned rears a try if mine start sagging, but if they aren't any different, I will probably just throw a spacer back there. Anywho, thanks for the info. Anyone else who gets to give the new coils a try keep us posted on your experince. Layta
Yeah, I was told i would have the new design but not sure what happened. Cant complain with RC. Also would like to hear from anyone who actually receives the non-progressive springs.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put this lift on a few weeks ago and no problems so far. I didn't measure before and after to see how much lift I really got out of it, but maybe I'll measure today and see how high it is. And I may try to get a pic of the rear coils while I'm out there too.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took pictures of my sagging rear springs back on october 31 09, sent the pictures to rough country, a salesman told me they would be sending me new springs, still havent got them as of today january 18 10, called and talked to a J R today and he said he would ship the springs out tomorrow,dont know why the first guy I talked to never sent the springs out, but J R was very helpful! mine is a 4 door also
Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Ryan at RC was very helpful when I complained of my spring sag, he sent me the new redesigned springs and after install I gained only 1/2" in rear and just over 1" in front...turns out that they werent sagged as much as I thought I guess!!! I have since ordered their 3/4" spacers for the rear to try and level out the ride height since it still looks low in the rear to me! Overall I have been pleased with the performance of the lift and more than happy with their customer satisfaction and warranty!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilviper95
Ryan at RC was very helpful when I complained of my spring sag, he sent me the new redesigned springs and after install I gained only 1/2" in rear and just over 1" in front...turns out that they werent sagged as much as I thought I guess!!! I have since ordered their 3/4" spacers for the rear to try and level out the ride height since it still looks low in the rear to me! Overall I have been pleased with the performance of the lift and more than happy with their customer satisfaction and warranty!
Hey man, how does the new non-progressive ride? Is your rear still pretty stiff/harsh. I know they say the progressive is suppose to touch in rear but everything I've seen on progressive rate springs is that the top 1/4" should have space to absorb small bumps such as high way and once compressed it makes the top 1/4" dead and rest of spring that is stiffer do its job. With is always compressed it seems thats why on highway its somewhat harsh on the smallest of bumps.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" "New Redesigned Springs"