Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country 2.5" "New Redesigned Springs"

Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have one week with the 3.25 rc lift..i love the stiffer ride...took it offroad this saturday ..the suspension is alot better now ..it really complements my rubi...especially with the sway bar disconnectedby the way i ordered the 4 door springs ..i have a 2door...
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

to be honest I dont notice any difference in ride between the old rc springs and the new ones and I drive pretty rough back roads for work regularly!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I broke down and called RC about my rears as well. Just in the last 3 months, they starting bowing to the back of the Jeep and the top 4 coils were touching with no weight in it. The front has sagged a good bit as well. Of course I can't find my sheet with the measurements on it. I also noticed that my LF shocks' wiper seal was leaking. Talked to Joey, he sent out new rear springs and a new front shock on Monday. Will post up when I get them swapped.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to here, they do have phenominal customer service. Just wish my "new" rear springs werent already touching and they was immediately after lowering. I do know I took a trip to New Mexico from Tx loaded with luggage and it seemed pretty close to rubbing my 285 KM2s which made me nervous.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I was just getting ready to order their 2.5 Progressive spring lift. Now, I'm not sure!
I know on forums, you generally only hear about the problems. Is this rear sag common?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Is this limited to the 2.5" lift

I have had the RC 4" lift on for about 9 months now and have not had any sag. I know there has been some feedback on here that both the 4" and 2.5" sag. I am not carrying a lot of extra weight either...stock bumpers, no winch, etc...but plan on adding in the future. I am just wondering how quickly this issue appears. Are most of you seeing it within the first few months? I'm just asking because it sounds like they had a bad lot of springs and I got lucky with the ones that came with my lift
Old 01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think its mostly the 2.5" because they went with the progressive spring route. which no sure if it was done right seeing that its suppose to have a slight space on top 1/4 of spring that absorbs the smaller boths smothly and when compressed it stiffens for the large bumps and etc. Mine compressed on both sets of rear springs instantly.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put on my rear"new redesigned springs" today as soon as I put the weight of the jeep on it they sagged as bad as the last ones, Im just gonna leave it like it is.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I have to say that overall I am still not happy with my redesigned springs, even with a 3/4 spacer in the back it still looks low in the rear. Ryan at RC has been pretty helpful to this point and even though Im not satisfied with the product I am happy with their customer service. I think I may scrap the 2.5 kit and purchase something in the 4" range. I am not sure if I am gonna stay RC or not. I have purchased probably 5 of their kits over the years with good luck up until now. Anyone have input on their 4" kits?

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5" "New Redesigned Springs"