Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rough country 3.25 lift

Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough country 3.25 lift

Anyone have this kit?? If so can you show some pics. Wondering if I should get this or the rusty's kit...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with MarcusRTJ, not really a fair comparison....the Rough Country is the 2.5" coils like he said, with spacers to get MAYBE 3.25" depending on the springs they send you (I'm gonna keep my opinion to myself here)....Rusty's will give you more like 4" on a 2-door, give or take...and will ride better also from what I've heard. Rusty's Off Road is not far from my house and I've been to their shop...it's a nice little place and they are some good people, heard nothing but good things about the kits too. You would probably want to get some adj. control arms though, especially with the Rusty's since it will provide more lift.

Like MarcusRTJ said, the Teraflex 2.5" Coil kit is actually a better option from what I have read...more complete kit and it will give you more than the 2.5" that's advertised.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a pic of smbundy13's with the Rusty's 3.25" and 35's...

And here's mine with the Rough Country 3.25" and 33's (no longer on my Jeep)...

Notice the gap between the top of the tires and the fender are about the same....but smbundy13's has tires that are 2" taller than mine.

Quick Reply: rough country 3.25 lift