Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country customer service...

Old 06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country customer service...

So after about six months on my rc 3.5" lift my shocks are squeeking like crazy... Ive tried wd-40, white lithium greese... no luck. squeek squeek squeek.

Last edited by AMEchambers; 06-23-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rough Country is owned by a huge company. They have been pretty good in the past with service. I wouldn't write them off yet.

All lifts will squeek if you don't maintain them. Most bushings require zirks and then grease from a grease gun. If your bushings are all poly (or even rubber) there won't be zirks. You'll need a graphite blend to quiet those bushings.

I used a graphite empregnated grease to quiet my rear sway bar poly bushings. It works. You need to re-grease them a couple times a year to keep them quite. I never used a grease gun, I bought a spray can with a straw (like how WD40 looks). The service takes only a couple minutes for me. Doing lift arms is just as quick and easy.

All my lift arms except 2 require grease. The other two are poly and I use the spray graphite. When I am up on my maintenance the only noise I hear is from my Rubicon e-swaybar up front.

Don't give up yet - it's an easy fix for you!
Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not bashing Rough Country, they make a great budget lifts but they're really just not meant to last. There's one on my JK from when I bought it used and it's slowly falling apart. Move along and upgrade to something better, that's what I'm doing.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

So why exactly don't rough country kits last? I don't own one. What's failing on and how old is Ur kit?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick discos actually exploding on me while driving almost doing some real damage to my front end. Shocks are pretty poor ride after 15k miles. Lot's of squeaks and moans coming from all over. Cheaper build quality to provide a cheaper price point to people who need lifts with smaller budgets.

Don't get me wrong they offer great prices for what you get, but I'd rather buy once, cry once and have something that lasts.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

i called them today about some charity stuff and got right up to the boss's no problem. i also have had a rough country lift on my jeep since 07 and its still fine. I wont say its the smoothest ride in the world... but its not the most expensive either. they have their place in the market.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Jedi

every time I call they answer all the questions I have. hopefully you will hear from them soon or try calling during operating hours
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you can't call you should just try the online help, they would be more than willing to help you out.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

why don't you reach out to the rep on this board?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by AMEchambers
So after about six months on my rc 3.5" lift my shocks are squeeking like crazy... Ive tried wd-40, white lithium greese... no luck. squeek squeek squeek. So Monday I contact RC warranty department with this issue... and not even so much as a responce so far...
Hey man,
Who did you speak with? I will get with the rep.
This is the first i've heard of the 3.5" shocks squeaking. Are you sure it's the shocks? Is it all of them?

Quick Reply: Rough Country customer service...