Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rough Country Lift Info Please!!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rc 3.5 series 2, was it worth the money? (yes) Did i get adjustable track bars to center everything out and get away from the drop pitman and track bar brackets?(yes) In a 4 door will the boot on the front drive shaft tear and have to be replaced?(eventually) Mine tore the 3rd time i went wheeling. This is what it looks like with nitto trail grappler mesured height(32.9875) I do have bumpers, winch and tire carrier, as far as flex you decide. All in all i have been happy with the lift but wish i would have waited to get something better, instead i just ordered my second and hopefully last lift today. on a four door it is mostly the front drive shaft, its not that it is extended it is a smaller diameter which gives more room when flexing. BTW if you plan on bumpers and such will it sag(for sure, especially if you stretch the hell out of the springs like i did in the pics) Hope all of this helps, i am in no way an expert, just telling the op my first hand experience.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1244.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	179387   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1247.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	179388   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0380.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	179389   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0128.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	179390  

Last edited by River Runner; 07-07-2011 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

I dont have an entire RC lift but I have their X-Flex control arms. They are really beefy, come with grease zerks, and are rebuildable. I really like them.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RIver Runner
rc 3.5 series 2, was it worth the money? (yes) Did i get adjustable track bars to center everything out and get away from the drop pitman and track bar brackets?(yes) In a 4 door will the boot on the front drive shaft tear and have to be replaced?(eventually) Mine tore the 3rd time i went wheeling. This is what it looks like with nitto trail grappler mesured height(32.9875) I do have bumpers, winch and tire carrier, as far as flex you decide. All in all i have been happy with the lift but wish i would have waited to get something better, instead i just ordered my second and hopefully last lift today. on a four door it is mostly the front drive shaft, its not that it is extended it is a smaller diameter which gives more room when flexing. BTW if you plan on bumpers and such will it sag(for sure, especially if you stretch the hell out of the springs like i did in the pics) Hope all of this helps, i am in no way an expert, just telling the op my first hand experience.
I know this is a noob question probably but I'm new to wheelin, jeeps. etc. so can someone explain the "torn boot" issue, how it happens, how to prevent it?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rough Country 3.5" series II lift with the 1.25" BL. I also have the adjustable front track bar. the adjustable control arms are in the future. I have had no problems with the lift at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00139.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	179753   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00323.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	179754   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00141.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	179755   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00137.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	179756   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00138.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	179757  

Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy once, cry once. Go with Teraflex, Full Traction or something that's meant to last.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

i am getting the 2.5 bb rough country the premium kit shocks and all i have a 2 door auto i dont off road dd i wont have any issues with the drive shafts? The only think it does not come with is the front track bar should i get that as well?

Last edited by jeepsta; 07-09-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM
JK Newbie

Put my RC 2.5 bb on today. Took a little longer than expected at 5 hours but not bad for the price. Came out looking
Great I think and so far I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by aermotor
Buy once, cry once. Go with Teraflex, Full Traction or something that's meant to last.
Yeah... My rc on every jeep I have ever had has always lasted. With no problems. Has always performed just as well in flex and comfort as those other brands you mentioned, at half the cost. Great company, awesome customer service, great products.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im debating the 4 or even 3.5 Rc lift. I've ran Rc lifts on both of my yjs and never had any sagging issues etc. They really stepped there game up. Opinions are like @$$holes, everybody has one, To each his own I guess
Old 09-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

After you ditch the terrible design of the drop pitman arm and front trackbar relocation bracket to replace them with an adjustable front trackbar, and you ditch the fixed front lower control arms for front lower adjustable control arms, and buy longer front swaybar links after your Rubi electronic disconnect swaybar inverts forward when flexed off road, and you buy extended bumpstops appropriate for your tire/wheel/flare setup, etc., etc., how much will be your net cost for the RC lift when buying components you end up trashing vs. using a vendor that includes the appropriate components in their lifts in the first place?

If you really want to use RC, absolutely do not order online or from their call center that is staffed with people who have never installed a lift on a JK.

Contact the RC rep directly here mom this forum and substitute in adjustable front lower control arms, an adjustable front trackbar, swaybar links long enough to not allow the swaybar to invert forward, extended bumpstops, rear lower coil degree correction wedges and coil retainers to reduce rear spring bowing, etc. iIf the rep is the same guy as in the past, he actually drives a JK and has experience off road with it. He will give you a discount compared to online or phone orders.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Lift Info Please!!!!