Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

RRC Side Armor and hi-lift

Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRC Side Armor and hi-lift

I just ordered the RRC Side Armor (Rugged Ridge) http://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_610_07.htm

Can I use the Hi-lift under this rock guard? Is it solid enough? This rock guard is fixed to the frame with 4 bolts of the body mounts.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

well if those rails attach like they all do, then you have the weight of the jeep resting on 4 1/2in thick bolts... i can not imagine that is a good idea in any way :(
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That does not look strong enough to me. but im no engineer on the topic. Those hang off very far, I'd question those at "rock sliders" in some conditions as well. You can still smack up that pinch seam of the cab...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

i remember when i was removing my smitty side steps about 2 months ago... those steps are very weakly on there...

basically its 4 1/2 bolts hold the weight and 6 screws that hold the steps in place on that frame.

hi-lift jacks are already dangerous as awesome as they are... i would just spend the extra 5 minutes, find the frame and use that worry free.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

I wouldn't trust those things with the weight of the Jeep on them...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

I have these sliders. I got them mainly so my kids could get in. I would say they are not true rock sliders, but they at least compliment the protection that my standard Rubi guards do plus they are easy to install and cheap. I would not lift your Jeep on them. The bolts are short to hold all that weight.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Saw these on another Jeep last week, could move them side to side with my hand after a few meetings with rocks. . . I wouldn't risk it!

Quick Reply: RRC Side Armor and hi-lift