Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubbing Sound from front end

Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubbing Sound from front end

I installed a RC 2.5" lift and shocks on January 1. Other than once or twice having the anti-lock brakes kick in under unusual circumstances, there have bene no issues whatsoever and the alignment showed no shift as it was right in the middle of specified limits. Drives straight and true.

Stock 255/70/18's on stock rims.

The last week or two when I back out of the driveway (slight down slope toward the street) and I crank the wheel full to the left, I get a rubbing sound. Don't feel it or anything.

So, last night I pull the wheel hard left as soon as I hear the noise, stop the Jeep and get out and crawl around looking for rubbing. Nothing, nowhere.

What might this be? I also checked the u-joints (is that what they are called) and all the caps are solidly seated and u-joints centered.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I discoverd the problem....so just in case anyone else has this happen.

The rubbing was the left front tire hitting the brakeline right about where the hose is on there just for that purpose.

I suspect that while installing the RC coil lift, when I pushed down on the axle, it may have slightly bent the line. I gave it a slight shove back away from the tire, and it seems to work fine now.

Quick Reply: Rubbing Sound from front end