Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon with 1.75" lift--questions...

Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon with 1.75" lift--questions...

So I think I'm going to go with Daystar 1.75" front coil spacers and either .75" or 1" rear spacers on my new Rubicon to clear 33's.

I had the same lift on my last JK Sahara, although it only had 32" tires. At that time I had longer Bilstein shocks, extended bumpstops, and JKS Quicker Disconnects. I never really disconnected when off-road.

My new JK is a Rubicon. So in addition to the spacers, should I do longer bumpstops again? Would I be wise to get longer front sway bar links? I've heard the rear links fit on the front. If I bought a set of them, would they work or be too long? Should I also consider front shock extensions like Teraflex or AEV? I don't plan to change the shocks just yet. I do use the e-disco on the Rubi and want to make sure everything is set up properly.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added 1.75'' RC spacer both front and rear on my 2dr X 3 months ago, I did not add bumpstop extension or anything else, I kept the X stock shocks. The ride is a litle rough.

I did flex and got no rubbing issue but I dont disconect swaybar.

Quick Reply: Rubicon with 1.75" lift--questions...