Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Express 3.5 super-flex install ?'s

Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express 3.5 super-flex install ?'s

Sorry if these are noob ?'s, but I searched and searched and couldn't find the answers anywhere.

Just finished up with the install for the 3.5 superflex for a 2dr, and it looks great!! Don't have new tires yet, but hopefully soon. Had a question though, didn't know if anybody that had put the kit on before could answer. The directions leave quite a bit to be desired (step one, step two, step six??? - yes, the directions really do that). Anyhow, for the front upper and lower arms, as well as the rear lowers, the directions say to set the bushing end into the frame, and their superflex end into the axle. However, on the rear uppers the directions say to put the busing on the axle and the superflex in the frame. Anybody know if this is a typo, or why it should be this way?

Also, new to coil lifts (last jeep was YJ with 5.5 lift). At full flex (done on with jacks in the garage), the coils on all 4 corners come completely unseated by 2-3 inches. They don't look like they could fall out, but I just wanted to make sure this was normal since it looked a little odd to me.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. I did use the supplied bumpstops up front, so i'll be good there. Didn't mess around looking at articulation nearly as much in the rear, might have to look into those wedges. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express 3.5 super-flex install ?'s