Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon Express 3.5 Super Flex Short Arm Lift

Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express 3.5 Super Flex Short Arm Lift

Hello all, I'm about to install the RE 3.5 SuperFlex Short Arm lift on my 07 2 door, directions say I will need to replace the front & or rear drive shafts. Does anyone have any install advice or experience with this lift. Even shaft brand advice. Thank you in advance.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Oddball7
Hello all, I'm about to install the RE 3.5 SuperFlex Short Arm lift on my 07 2 door, directions say I will need to replace the front & or rear drive shafts. Does anyone have any install advice or experience with this lift. Even shaft brand advice. Thank you in advance.
being that you have a 6-speed, you should be fine with the front stock shaft. being that you have a 2-door, you will want to replace your rear shaft sooner than later but, you can hold off for a while or, at least until i starts to show signs of failing. you will know when this is happening when grease starts to spit out from the cv boots. having said that, i would recommend a coast of je reel shaft as they come with spicer or neapco u-joints right out of the box. you will also need a set of rear upper adjustable control arms to set your pinion angle.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

This lift I believe already comes with upper adjustable control arms, as long as it's the same as their 2012 lift. I think they have just one kit for all year JK's.

What shocks are you going with?

Looking forward to your review.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

I went with the recommended Rubicon Express Mono tubes by Billstein calibrated for this lift

Parts Included in the RE super flex kit:
Front Sway Bar Disconnect
Rear Sway Bar End Links
Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Springs
Front and Rear Bumpstops
Front and Rear Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines
Front Track Bar
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Lower Super-Flex Control Arms
Upper Super-Flex Front Adjustable Control Arms
Upper Rear Super-Flex Adjustable Control Arms

should I size the new control arms to the length of the original ones?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 33.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	261108  

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express 3.5 Super Flex Short Arm Lift