Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon with small lift, looking for pictures....

Old 06-18-2007, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon with small lift, looking for pictures....

I looked through a lot of pictures on the myprojectjk sight and did not see what I am looking for. Does anyone have any photos of a 4DR Rubi with a small lift and stock wheels/tires with the 1.5 wheel spacers?

Looking through the pictures I saw some 2.5 TF lifts with stock wheels/tires and it didn't look that great, needs larger tires (which won't happen till at least next year). I was hoping to see if there is an improvement wit a lift like the daystar 1 3/4 lift with stock wheels/tires. I also like the wider stance the wheel spacers give.

Thanks

Tim
Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
...Looking through the pictures I saw some 2.5 TF lifts with stock wheels/tires and it didn't look that great, needs larger tires (which won't happen till at least next year)...
What!? Did you just say my Rubi doesn't look good!?!?

Just kidding! Well, I don't think it (TF 2.5" BB lift w/ 32" BFG tires) looks as bad as you think. Really! I like how it looks... I saw some pics before and thought look pretty good... that's why I got installed mine. Eventually, I'll get 33" or 35" but for now, I'm very happy with 32"+ 2.5" BB lift.

Sorry not much help! I'm sure someone would post pics with "4DR Rubi with a small lift and stock wheels/tires with the 1.5 wheel spacers".
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it looks bad, but I think with the 2.5" lift the wheel spacers (1.5") would make it look more proportioned, I guess. I am not even sure I have seen this combo. It seems as though everyone buys new tires pretty quick which I would like to avoid at least for a while.....I know how that goes!

So I guess now either a 2.5 or 1 3/4 lift with wheel spacers with stock wheels/tires.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, the spacers would give wider stance and probably look even better! I was thinking about getting the spaces also for that reason..."looks". But then, I was wondering if it lose turning radius with spacers or not. Especially with 4-door, I need to have good/stock turning radius so that I can turn around in narrow off-road trail without much hussle. I'm going to keep the stock 32" tires for a while since there's nothing wrong with stock tires, and they are perfect for my use... which is to drive off-road to get to the trailhead in NF, NP etc. which sometimes very rough but never that extreme (if it's really bad that it looks like it cause serious damage, I'd rather leave the JK and walk from there).

Last edited by moun10eer; 06-18-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

It's not a 4 dr., but here's a pic of my 2.5" lift with MT Baja 33's.

Quick Reply: Rubicon with small lift, looking for pictures....