Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rubicon TJ springs in X JK ???

Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven4est
I have the fabtech 3 inch budget lift that uses spacers for the 3 inch lift but no after market coils.................Im not sure what i should do? Ive added the bumper and winch which weighs the front down about an inch. Im assuming if i add newer and stiffer coils it will work? or if there is something better i should do let me know im a newb at this stuff thanks
We are doing the same thing, and adding stiffer springs will work like the guy a few post back said, but my springs were free and TJs so I was wanted to know how well they would actually work and if it is worth it not invest in new springs.

If you're going to buy new springs, to eliminate the rake, just get rid of the 3" spacer and by front springs that will give you 3.5" of lift and compensate for the rake. BUT something to note, your 3" spacer will give exactly 3" of lift but typically a 3" coil will give 3.5"-4" of lift. For example, the TeraFlex 2.5" coil adds more like 3+" of lift and will support the extra weight (maybe you will need 2.5" HD coils to support extra weight).

So, just do some research and find the right coil and toss the spacer.

maybe this: http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1853202

I don't know for sure if these will work, but its probably close and I'm sure if you call David @ Northridge will help you.

PM me if you have more questions.

Last edited by MMO blk JK; 02-23-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a guy in the for sale section selling 3" fulltraction HD coils,
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The front springs should fit in pllace just fine, but I believe the rear springs are a different size at both the top and bottom and wouldn't seat well at all. I also don't believe they're tapered like the JK rears are and would probably rub somewhere. I myself wouldn't suggest it, but - If you get it to work out with no problems then that's great.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

well the 3 inch spacer is basically what my lift is i think.......could i keep that and just add the coil springs?

Quick Reply: Rubicon TJ springs in X JK ???