Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question So what did you finally do?

Hi Mlupacchino,

I have precisely the same dilemma as you were having. Perhaps your experience can help me make a decision.

I am going nuts trying to make a decision. I have been scouring the Internet for that special bumper but just when I get ready to hit the buy button, another one catches my attention. Questions arise such as:

1) Full size or stubby - are stubbies legal? Are they practical? Functional? Which is better? One definite requirement is that they must accomodate a winch (e.g. Warn PowerPlant).
2) Is there a brand I should definitely stay away from? One I must consider? So far, that Rampage (http://www.quadratec.com/products/12121_100_07.htm) seems really cool. But so does the XHDs (http://www.quadratec.com/showcases/r..._bumper/jk.php).
3) Will having a 'winched' bumper hurt airflow into the grill area?
4) Are there any other considerations I've missed?

Let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I would mention this because it hasn't been said yet, but it is my understanding that because the XHD is a modular system. All of the accessories (prerunner,stinger,d-rings,etc) are attached with bolts.

If you were to actually hit something on the trail, hard, the energy transfer to the actual bumper and frame would hinge upon the bolts. I've seen many a bolt snap or shear clean off from a hard impact, I do not know the size or # of bolts attaching the prerunner bars, or their load limits...something to consider

Anyone have experience hitting some hard objects with their XHD's?
Old 10-05-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Rampage fits the lines of the JK better and is on my list of mods.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Front Bumper w/ Pre Runner Guard vs. Rampage - Help Me Decide!!!!