Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation missing bolts?

Old 02-15-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation missing bolts?

I was about to install my rugged ridge mirror relocation brackets but after looking through the directions, it says the kit is supposed to come with bolts for the door cover plates but i didn't seem to get any... will the factory bolts work or do i need to make a trip to the hardware store?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm....I hope that the factory bolts work. I've got the kit at home but haven't installed it yet. Mostly because I'm not masochistic enough to drive around without doors in Alberta during the winter months.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Factory bolts will work.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Be careful if you have an 09 model. They got cheap and instead of redesigning the bracket to match the new mirrors they threw in a cheap piece of plastic adapter. The factory screw is just long enough to hold on the mirror but you could easily strip out the base of the mirror. They either need to redesign this or add a longer screw instead of just putting in a warning about stripping out the mirror due to their poor design and blaming it on the mirror bracket being made of aluminum.

When I put mine on I only did the driver side. You will only be able to see about half of the passenger mirror while the doors are on. No one will notice the difference unless you point it out. I also added a little round spot mirror to help eliminate blind spots since you don't have as good a view any longer since the mirror is set more forward now. Install literally takes minutes to do.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you have the 08 the factory door bolts are the ones you're supposed to use. they don't supply bolts with that kit

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Mirror Relocation missing bolts?