Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rugged Ridge Snorkel vs RK Sport Ram Air Hood

Old 09-16-2013, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rugged Ridge Snorkel vs RK Sport Ram Air Hood

Hello Jeep-a-holics.. I am will be installing the Rugged Ridge Snorkel in the next few weeks and have recently come across the RK Sport Ram Air Hood which not only looks cool as hell but is functional as the air is channeled to the top of the factory air box. My question- can you have a ram air hood while still reaping the benefits of a snorkel. I saw a jeep with both in some SEMA pics and it doesn't look like the snorkel would make a bit of difference when you go swimming if you have a RAM Air hood on the Jeep. Any opinions are appreciated...
Old 09-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeep Punisher
Hello Jeep-a-holics.. I am will be installing the Rugged Ridge Snorkel in the next few weeks and have recently come across the RK Sport Ram Air Hood which not only looks cool as hell but is functional as the air is channeled to the top of the factory air box. My question- can you have a ram air hood while still reaping the benefits of a snorkel. I saw a jeep with both in some SEMA pics and it doesn't look like the snorkel would make a bit of difference when you go swimming if you have a RAM Air hood on the Jeep. Any opinions are appreciated...
You are correct. A snorkel requires a sealed air box to function properly so if you plan to ford through water that is higher than your hood line, then the unsealed box will fill with water.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Snorkel vs RK Sport Ram Air Hood