Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Running 40s on stock dana 44

Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Just bit the bullet and got a price quote on dana 60s dynatrac customer service is amazing!!!!!!!!! Hands down best people I have ever talk to, now all I have to do is decide between semi float or full float, arb, Detroit, gear ratio. 5.5 or 8? And a million other options what do people suggest???
Cool

so are you putting 60's in both the front and the rear?

i went through Northridge and just did the pro rock unlimited up front and the trail d60 in the rear

i went with ARB lockers and 5:13 gears, my rear is a semi float, almost went with full float but I just don't think I wheel it hard enough for that to be an issue

what size tires are you going to be running?

what type of wheeling are you going to do? Trails, rock gardens, mud pits, full blown Rubicon Trail stuff?

matthew
Old 12-10-2013, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Just bit the bullet and got a price quote on dana 60s dynatrac customer service is amazing!!!!!!!!! Hands down best people I have ever talk to, now all I have to do is decide between semi float or full float, arb, Detroit, gear ratio. 5.5 or 8? And a million other options what do people suggest???
Do you want what I would put in that axle, what Nancy the soccer mom would or ??. There's way too much variance here.

I think you need to do a TON of searching on these questions and come back with better (i.e. specific) questions if you still have them.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 40's go full float and 8 lug. Next thing you know you'll want 42's lol. If ya got the money go arb. 5.38 gears

Quick Reply: Running 40s on stock dana 44