Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

running dual batteries

Old 03-20-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question running dual batteries

I've done the searches, read all the relative posts and I still find myself wanton. Has ANYONE installed; not thought about, but physically installed two batteries in their JK? I have a 2 door, I want to run dual batt's but none of the aftermarket trays etc will work for us (JK owners) as far as I've seen. This is really important to me so any relevant input would be appreciated.
Thanks
~X~
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unless you're going to mount it in the cargo area, I just can't seem to find a place to mount it under the hood.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Unless you're going to mount it in the cargo area, I just can't seem to find a place to mount it under the hood.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

yep, its tight under the hood, unless someone makes a bracket to stack them up, I dont see where theres room..
Old 03-22-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

I've been thinking the same thing. I was wathing one of the car shows on spike and they talked about a new battery that has has more cranks, lasts longer and is smaller than regular batteries but being the bonehead I am I didn't write it down. I've searched the show archives and I cand find it. They said it was the same type used in jet aircraft, could be mounted in any position etc...etc...etc... seemed like it might be small enough for under seat???

Quick Reply: running dual batteries