Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rusty MBRP tip

Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rusty MBRP tip

anybody have trouble with their MBRP exhaust tip rusting? Mines about two months old and rusting bad. I sent them a PM, hope to hear somthing soon.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by greengiant
anybody have trouble with their MBRP exhaust tip rusting? Mines about two months old and rusting bad. I sent them a PM, hope to hear somthing soon.
Whether the tip was sanded, or not, T-304 is not supposed to rust. T-409 is what the system is made of, and will get surface rust when exposed to salt, snow, rain etc. If your tip is actually rusting, and not being contaminated by other rusting parts of your exhaust or JK which does happen when it is not cleaned sometimes... I can send you a replacement tip.

You have a PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought mine was rusting also-but after further review-it looks like road waste that gets on it is rusting-cleaned it off with some chrome polish and looks new again.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES
I thought mine was rusting also-but after further review-it looks like road waste that gets on it is rusting-cleaned it off with some chrome polish and looks new again.
This is the situation in 99% of cases...Mothers stainless polish usually does the trick.

The OP sanded his tip which actually can allow small amounts of debris, and iron to collect stick causing more discoloration and rust, where as the smooth finish it comes with can be cleaned with a little elbow grease.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good tip! (no pun intended)...
Old 02-03-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Steve got me took care of. Thats why its its important to do buisness with a company that has great customer service. Thanks again for your support.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Glad I could help...

Quick Reply: rusty MBRP tip