Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

rustys 3.25 advance kit

Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grover0878

I think I saw the same issue by David Stacey which is why when I was surprised when I started researching they weren't one of the top lifts. I really like this one as well from what I've seen. Good Luck
You pay to get your junk installed on those shows.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CerOf
Way to burst the OP's bubble To the OP I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Junk?? Rusty's stuff is far from junk...
Old 03-04-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Junk?? Rusty's stuff is far from junk...
Didn't mean it is literally junk; however, I've read more complaints about Rusty's customer service than any other company that is still open for business. To each their own. Run whatcha brung, hold m'beer and watch this!!

What I like most about our sport and jeeps is the hundreds of options and millions of combinations.

Edit: if you look through leveling kit threads you will see I have strong feelings against Tera flex and their advertising, even though I run their leveling kit. Their kit is good, but advert that you can run 34" tire is erroneous.

I try to call a spade a spade. Wanted to point out that just because something was "featured" on TV does not mean it is top notch, nor does it mean it is bottom of the barrell either. Do your homework.

FYI, with two or three guys 6 hours should be plenty of time.

Last edited by CerOf; 03-04-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Didn't mean it is literally junk; however, I've read more complaints about Rusty's customer service than any other company that is still open for business. To each their own. Run whatcha brung, hold m'beer and watch this!!

What I like most about our sport and jeeps is the hundreds of options and millions of combinations.

Edit: if you look through leveling kit threads you will see I have strong feelings against Tera flex and their advertising, even though I run their leveling kit. Their kit is good, but advert that you can run 34" tire is erroneous.

I try to call a spade a spade. Wanted to point out that just because something was "featured" on TV does not mean it is top notch, nor does it mean it is bottom of the barrell either. Do your homework.

FYI, with two or three guys 6 hours should be plenty of time.
I've had very good luck with the Rusty's kit and with their customer service as well. I have ordered quite a bit of stuff from them.

For the OP, I just got the basic kit, took about 3 hours to install. Only "trouble" I have had with it is the shock rubber flattened out on the bottom mount of the rear shocks. Talked to them and got an entire set of new ones for all 4 corners.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking of ordering this kit but was concered about my driveshaft with my JK being a 2DR. & Auto.

Any auto 2DR. owners with this kit?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default well here it is

got it done, now i realize im not as mechanicaly inclined as i thought i was lol. but im really happy with the way it turned out. drives almost like stock. im actually surprise, i thought it would drive a little rougher. it sits really high, so ive decided to start saveing for driveshafts. rustys has great coustomer service, they where very helpful even when i was all confused and most likly annoing. sorry for the bad picture, will get more soon when i get some free time and better weather. also sorry for the pore grammer, i never was good with spelling or wrighting.Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep lift.png
Views:	204
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	288844
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Rusty's Off-Road

Talking

Originally Posted by mountain pee
got it done, now i realize im not as mechanicaly inclined as i thought i was lol. but im really happy with the way it turned out. drives almost like stock. im actually surprise, i thought it would drive a little rougher. it sits really high, so ive decided to start saveing for driveshafts. rustys has great coustomer service, they where very helpful even when i was all confused and most likly annoing. sorry for the bad picture, will get more soon when i get some free time and better weather. also sorry for the pore grammer, i never was good with spelling or wrighting.

Attachment 288844
Looks great and that is what the crew is for, trying our best to answer questions. Crazy seeing the avatar of stock vs lifted.
How long did it take you?

Also thanks to all for the images as well. I like seeing your JK (trail or anywhere) looking so good.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

im a little embarrassed about how long it took us, so i will not answer that haha. i am very pleased with this lift i definitely will suggest it to people, i can't wait to go use it the way its meant to be.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Rusty's Off-Road

Originally Posted by mountain pee
im a little embarrassed about how long it took us, so i will not answer that haha. i am very pleased with this lift i definitely will suggest it to people, i can't wait to go use it the way its meant to be.
You got it installed and that is what matters! Now you can help your friends put on most suspensions and that is cool. Congrats!

Quick Reply: rustys 3.25 advance kit