Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Rusty's offroad exhaust!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusty's offroad exhaust!

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I've heard the sound clips on here and YouTube, I'm looking for reviews on your exhaust. I bought mine today from Rusty's online store and can't wait to put it on! How's the sound once they break in? Any performance gains at all? Feedback please....
Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've looked at it and am interested
Old 09-09-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone.....? Anyone have any feedback?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default feedback

Originally Posted by Duecelikeme81
Anyone.....? Anyone have any feedback?
I got the Cherry Bomb cat back kit from Rustys. I think it sounds good, but it's hard to compare with youtube sound clilps. The tailpipe comes out a little short and started to melt the back bumper. I bent the last mounting bracked to space it down a little and cut a piece from the original heat shield to protect the bumper and it's working good now. The rear tow hook gets too hot to use a tow strap on it though.

I don't think I gained any performance, but I wanted to replace the original banged up muffler. I had been thinking of doing my own conversion to a straight back pipe with a flowmaster under the cab, as per "how to" post on this forum. However, at $140 for the complete set-up I had to give this a try. I might put a tailpipe extension on it, but it tucks up so you can't even see it now.

Has anyone else installed this kit?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine. Has a great tone. Don't think it has changed since installed. Haven't had the bumper or recovery hook problems mentioned above. Expect minimal performance gains from the engine but it is much smaller than stock, tucks up closer to tub, and is very solid.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the off road cherry bomb by rustys I got it because the stocker sounded like a dying cow & I was tired of the giant mass sitting under my bumper for all to see. Overall great exhaust I really like it as mentioned before the exhaust dumps right by the bumper so my steel bumper gets a little warm im going to cut the heat shield & put it in there to help out but overall I really like it the sound is throaty & beefy not ricey which is what I wanted & with my banks air ram my jeep sounds beastly
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, I'm ready to give my review on this exhaust after having it on for a month now.

I'm very please with the sound and look of my new exhaust. I went ahead and painted it with a high heat black paint and it matches my Flame read JK perfectly.

The sound has a deep, throaty sound while at lower rpm's and sounds great as you open it up. My wife loves it, especially the "gargling" sound as you down shift. It doesn't drone at all to me and isn't overly loud, but just loud enough.

I haven't had it long enough to tell you how durable it is but I'll post back on here after a winter in upstate NY.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions and wanna hear a sound clip let me know.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had no bumper melting problems at all with mine. Mine has been on for over a year and I'm still pleased with it. I took it back off after the intial install and painted it black. The original coating was flaking some and I didn't like the aluminized look, even though only the tip is visible after install.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 016.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	374432   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 017.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	374433   Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 057.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	374434   Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 058.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	374435  
Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installing my Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded today. Can't wait to hear this thing.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default 'preciate the posted pix...

Thanks for uploading images; I have been scoping - out exhausts to replace the honkin' behemoth OEM can for a few weeks and these images are what finally convinced me to snag one of these from Rusty's . I have heard the youtube posts but am only looking at it for an aesthetics purpose; I hate that huge thing hanging out back and as we all know, cat systems don't need cans that big except to dampen all sound . I think I will get the off-road one instead of this axle back tho'....

Quick Reply: Rusty's offroad exhaust!