Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safari Strap Type Zip In Windows

Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safari Strap Type Zip In Windows

I知 looking for an alternative to the zip in plastic windows for my soft top. Has anyone seen a safari strap side window and rear window that can be zipped into a Bestop Supertop?

I like having the open air feel, but when we go camping I知 concerned about the gear in the rear of the jeep. The safari straps are cool, but you lose a lot of storage space.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen zippered screen windows, but haven't seen zippered safari straps (yet).

The downside as a theft deterrent is that it can just be, well, unzippered.

I have the safari straps, and when camping I typically put my dog in the back so I leave the side safari straps in like this (I have straps that go over the entire cab also, but have never put them on, can't remember if they would be compatible with soft top but it wouldn't take much to make them so if desired):

With the top up and windows out, it is like the Safari Straps serve as windows by still letting in the air (I don't have any pics in that config - sorry)

However, they are much more "secure" than simple zip-out. In fact, it is quite the pain in the arse to undo all the hooks and buckles.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by etprimus
I知 looking for an alternative to the zip in plastic windows for my soft top. Has anyone seen a safari strap side window and rear window that can be zipped into a Bestop Supertop?

I like having the open air feel, but when we go camping I知 concerned about the gear in the rear of the jeep. The safari straps are cool, but you lose a lot of storage space.
That's so funny I was wondering the same thing and even thought about buying an old set of windows and doing that myself. Hopefully there's something out there so we don't have to do to those measures.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never thought of buying old windows and making them myself. The only concern I have is that I have a 2013 premium top and not sure if the windows are different from previous tops.

Might look into someone making a set with the matching type zipper.

Quick Reply: Safari Strap Type Zip In Windows