Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

seat covers

Old 12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default seat covers

which ones are the best for the price????
Old 12-09-2007, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iggee...rather than neoprene which sucks water up they repel it.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default mopar covers

I have the mopar covers and I'm not all that impressed. The front bucket covers don't stay on the seats well the retention clips are supposed to keep the sides tight just don't work as soon as you sit in the seat they release. The back ones seem fine and they seem to be pretty rugged. If they fix the problem with the front buckets I would recomend them. For now... Not so much.

Good luck
Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been pleased by the Smittybilt neoprene seat covers and the best part is you get the back cover free when you by the fronts.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wet Okole?

I have the Wet Okole and have been really pleased with them. Plenty of color choices, piping options etc and fit well. I looked at the Mopar offering and wasn't impressed so went with Wet Okole on the basis of a number of posts here from people who were happy with them.

One general thought relating to seat covers in general though. There is a heap of wiring and general ugliness under the passenger seat to do with the airbag sensors. When you secure the seat covers with whatever straps they come with, some care is required to pass the straps above the wiring so that they don't foul/stress the wiring when the seat is moved. It helps to pass the straps above the rails that the seat slides back and forth on as well - that way the strap isn't being sawed everytime the passenger moves the seat back and forth etc.

The wet Okole covers come with two front bag straps to secure the seat pad and a third left-right strap. I managed to thread the side strap nicely onthe dirvers side so it is unaffected by moving the seat. I haven't managed to do that on the passenger side despite an hour or so of fiddling around under there as the gap between the seat and the ceter console is too tight to do that very easily. I thought about taking the seat out to do it properly but that would apparently require a visit to the deale to reset the passenger airbg sensors (recommended whenever the seats are removed).

For me the ideal seat covers are easily removed for cleaning and the Wet Okole design (and presumably others also?) makes this difficult to do easily (read quickly) on the passenger side at least.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cormac827
iggee...rather than neoprene which sucks water up they repel it.
+1 although I don't have them yet. I ordered these due to past experiences with neoprene.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Another vote for the IGGEE. If they get wet the water just runs off, and you can quickly get them totally dry with a quick wipe of a towel. I've had the neoprene style (Wet Okole) before, and I didn't like the fact that they absorb water kind of like a sponge. The neoprene will keep your seats dry, but the covers themselves take a bit to dry out.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my seat covers from seatglovers.com. They look,feel and fit perfect.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Can you post pics of the IGEE?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have mopar rear only. (For my dog) They fit so well the rear seats look like they came stock and have no covers. My dad told me i should get seat covers for the rear and i told him that they are allready on. He said wow.

Quick Reply: seat covers