Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shock help needed.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock help needed.

Put the rig to the test today in Wharton. First outting since installing the 2.5 BB from Teraflex. It performed amazing considering it is still rolling the stock wheel setup (for now). I did notice the Jeep coming down on the rear bump stops through the woop trail section just going semi slow. I figured the stock shocks aren't cutting it with the added clearance. Thinking the fronts and rears from teraflex like the 9550's would be good but open to any and all suggestions.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?
Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

The 9550's will give you 2-3" more travel than the stock shocks with extensions. I'm confused though how new shocks are going to help with "the Jeep coming down on the rear bump stops through the woop trail section just going semi slow".

I have a rear set of TF 9550's for sale btw - PM if interested.

This thread also has some info on various manufacturers shocks for the size lift you have ...
Shock Length ??

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 10-19-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
The 9550's will give you 2-3" more travel than the stock shocks with extensions. I'm confused though how new shocks are going to help with "the Jeep coming down on the rear bump stops through the woop trail section just going semi slow".

I have a rear set of TF 9550's for sale btw - PM if interested.

This thread also has some info on various manufacturers shocks for the size lift you have ...
Shock Length ??
The compression of the factory sahara shocks suck, plain and simple. The Jeep is coming down on the bump stops because the shock is way too soft. Thinking a shock more oriented for offroad use will react much better. Plus being able to take advantage of the added travel is a bonus.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by maddygirl
The compression of the factory sahara shocks suck, plain and simple. The Jeep is coming down on the bump stops because the shock is way too soft. Thinking a shock more oriented for offroad use will react much better. Plus being able to take advantage of the added travel is a bonus.
gotcha... didn't realize the Sahara shocks road so soft.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might suggest going to Rubi shocks.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

I would think it woulkd be the coils also. As a side note it just installed the TF 2.5" Shocks and coils and it is an awsome combo. The ride is stiff on the road but i like it better than stock.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

BTT

Curious what people suggest out there? Running the TF extensions w/Rubicon shocks but looking for more droop.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same question

I am in a similar situation where I decided to go with the TF 2.5 lift w/ extensions and now I want to upgrade the shocks. Most people will say ANY new sock is better on the sahara, but that doesn't make the decision much easier. There are a lot of good shocks out there. Any suggestions as to the best all around street ride/off road upgrade?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the RC 2.2's and I'm very happy with them!

Quick Reply: Shock help needed.