Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shockworks Rock Sliders - How Long 'till They Arrive

Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shockworks Rock Sliders - How Long 'till They Arrive

I am wondering if the standard answer of 6-8 weeks for Shockworks Sliders to arrive is pretty firm. When I ordered them, I was about 9 weeks from one of the JEEP JAMBOREEs. I'm a bit nervous about them being here to save my sheetmetal. In short, how long did it take to get yours?????:question:
Old 03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CRUISER1027
I am wondering if the standard answer of 6-8 weeks for Shockworks Sliders to arrive is pretty firm. When I ordered them, I was about 9 weeks from one of the JEEP JAMBOREEs. I'm a bit nervous about them being here to save my sheetmetal. In short, how long did it take to get yours?????:question:
My sliders came pretty fast, I think 4 weeks. My front bumper was delayed by SEMA (VEGAS BABY!) and a powder-coating issue. I got the bumper in... 7 weeks.

You can message Nick here on the Project site to see where your order is or call Shrockworks. Jim, Nick, and Crew are working very hard to keep up with all the orders and the many challenges...
Old 03-25-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

I ordered my from Northridge4X4 (Only about 3 weeks ago) and I am still waiting..... Havent heard a word. I hope they will come before the New Year..... I cant wait..... I want them yesterday.

Last edited by SGT.; 03-25-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine took a full 8 weeks. I believe they only build these as ordered. My guess, Shrockworks waits until they get a few orders to build. I would bet they shift assembly between bumpers, rock rails and what ever else they offer. Then do an assembly line type of production. Given the time to set up jigs, frames, supplies, and what not, that is how I would do it.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine arrived in about 4 weeks time. I ordered them in January and got them in February.

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
I ordered my from Northridge4X4 (Only about 3 weeks ago) and I am still waiting..... Havent heard a word. I hope they will come before the New Year..... I cant wait..... I want them yesterday.
You hope they will be here before the "New Year," as in 2009? I don't think you have to worry about a wait that long.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Yea... I guess quality takes time........
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by whatroads
Mine took a full 8 weeks. I believe they only build these as ordered. My guess, Shrockworks waits until they get a few orders to build. I would bet they shift assembly between bumpers, rock rails and what ever else they offer. Then do an assembly line type of production. Given the time to set up jigs, frames, supplies, and what not, that is how I would do it.
We dont wait to do any order unless the parts are not on hand, in that case it's on to the next possible order until parts are available. It is totally first come first served. The designs keep the jiging to a minimum and/or light/small and each fabricator is very knowlagable of each product so there is little down time between orders. Lately we've been hamstringed by supply but we are working through it and are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Nick
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
Like I said, you're evil so some folks don't wanna talk to ya.

Ok, seriously, like I have said a M I L L I O N times, if you want to know what's up with your order, then call David at Northridge OR you can message Nick (ToyFamily) at Shrockworks or just call 'em.

True story: my sister called David at Northridge to buy me a girt certificate for Christmas. David asked: "who's your brother?" My sister only said: "Jeff." And David replied: "Oh yeah, Jeff in Placentia. From Project-JK. What amount do you want?" Of course, David IS my pusher man... David knows his customers and takes care of them as best he can.

Shrockworks is a small company that builds the kind of stuff they actually like to use... so call 'em or email 'em and they'll be straight with you.

Although, you're evil so nothings guarenteed.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Dont get me wrong..... I am really not complaining, I didnt mean anything by my other posts either. Sorry if they were taken wrong.... Guess thats why I am EVIL, I would rather be thought of as misunderstood. I want quality and thats why I ordered Shockworks using Northridge 4X4. I trust both and respect both companies. But its the wait that kills. When you want to install it and see on your JK, even a day is too long to wait. But to do it right, it takes time.

Last edited by SGT.; 03-26-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor

The best immediate answers come from calling. Unfortunately, though we'd like to, we can't call everyone. We will give you our best ETA. When parts are in hand it is easier to judge than estimating the ETA of suppliers and adding what we have to do. But like I said we're getting on that.

Nick

Quick Reply: Shockworks Rock Sliders - How Long 'till They Arrive