Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Should I get an alignment after purchasing new wheels and tires

Old 09-08-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get an alignment after purchasing new wheels and tires

I have a 2008 JK with a 2.5 BB, with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I just purchased new wheels and 295/75/16 tires, and was wondering if I need to get an Alignment. I had got an alignment a few monts ago and can't see the reason why I would need another, but I was told that I should. So I figuered I would ask, What do you all think?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lazylizard
I have a 2008 JK with a 2.5 BB, with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I just purchased new wheels and 295/75/16 tires, and was wondering if I need to get an Alignment. I had got an alignment a few monts ago and can't see the reason why I would need another, but I was told that I should. So I figuered I would ask, What do you all think?
If it is only new wheels and tires, no need. However, make sure the wheel and tire package is balanced and properly inflated. You don't want unnecessary vibrations.

When your wheels and tires are off, take a look at your balljoints, control arm joints, tie rod ends, and track bar joints. It's a great chance to inspect for wear and tear.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
If it is only new wheels and tires, no need. However, make sure the wheel and tire package is balanced and properly inflated. You don't want unnecessary vibrations.

When your wheels and tires are off, take a look at your balljoints, control arm joints, tie rod ends, and track bar joints. It's a great chance to inspect for wear and tear.

Thanks for the information, I have checked everything and it seems good, the ride is also just as smooth as before the change

Quick Reply: Should I get an alignment after purchasing new wheels and tires