Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Shrockworks Winch Plate

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered 8-13, got 9-20 (or would have had I been there to sign for it.)
Old 09-23-2007, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Ordered 8-13, got 9-20 (or would have had I been there to sign for it.)
Thanks, hopefully I'll be in the same timeframe.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor

The outer holes are for most normal winch patterns 4.5"x10" including the PowerPlant....the inner holes are for the competition style winches (RC) that are narrow. And the winch plate mounts both to the frame and the bumper.

Nick
Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

Do you have a pic of just the winch mount?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the information. That makes a lot more sense. I was thinking the Power plant used a speacila configuration. I didn't realize it used the same as mine. Love the bumper, btw!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was at a trail ride last weekend and a guy had the mid length bumper on I was all over it because I have been making all my purchases without actually seeing anything...but here it was right in front of me-I noticed a very ugly seam showing on top...so I thought, ok then Ill just get the stubby-choice made, however, it looks like you have the same seam...do they all have that? why wouldnt they finish that?
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

pics of this seam? or perhaps a little better description?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

it is visable in the first picture...where the bumper end with a 45 angle - maybe Phishjeep can confirm...
Old 09-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RipperMan
I was at a trail ride last weekend and a guy had the mid length bumper on I was all over it because I have been making all my purchases without actually seeing anything...but here it was right in front of me-I noticed a very ugly seam showing on top...so I thought, ok then Ill just get the stubby-choice made, however, it looks like you have the same seam...do they all have that? why wouldnt they finish that?
Each bumper is hand made. The seam is between two parts and though we are very good at smoothing almost every weld to a perfect finish, this is a seam on a large flat surface. There are alot of our bumpers out there where the seam is totally smooth, it is all in how things go together and often times if you looked at the outside of our bumpers before you look at the inside, you wouldn't even realize where pieces connected, or even that it wasn't all one piece.

Understand the difficulty to make two flat pieces butt welded together form a uniform "single looking piece"....There is alot of experience and skill invovled in the building of this perticular bumper and for all our products for that matter. Both are also needed to know when you have to stop, where it cannot get any better, your just making it worse. There is a very fine line between getting that seam to perfectly disappear and having a low spot (trench) where it was (which looks terribly worse), multiple factors are involved from fitment to the way the metal has drawn from the heat of the welding, grinder dust on table to an uneven spot on a perticular table.

These are examples of prototypes (in bare steel) of what we strive for as a standard on every piece...both of these are REV 1, not final product just for pics...I built both of these and I am in the office here designing not out in the shop doing it everyday anymore, like our guys do.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 09-27-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

do all of the mid-width's have those holes around the edge of the winch opening? i have one on order (through northridge 4x4) and i would prefer to not have those holes there.
are those just there because it is a prototype, or is there some reason for them being there? it seems that i remember seeing a picture of someone else's mid-width on here and he had the holes there too.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Winch Plate