Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Plates

Old 09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plates

Hey,

I am interested in getting some skid plates for my jeep and was wondering who makes the best ones, what are the most essential components that I need to get cover up first?
Thanks for any advise.
Cheers
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lower contol arm bracket skids and evap skid gotta be first
Old 09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

The evaporative cannister and the steering stabilizer are in vulnerable positions. Neither are "critical," however. But, I did relocate both of them using the Woods products (4xfix). Next for me was differential covers (Riddlers) and a cover for the oil pan (Rancho). All of that will give you about $500 worth of protection money spent. That's not exactly the answer to your question (skid plates), but I bring it up because if you haven't done these, I really think your money is better spent here than on skid plates.

Edit: I see you have diffy covers already.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 09-23-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The evaporative cannister and the steering stabilizer are in vulnerable positions. Neither are "critical," however. But, I did relocate both of them using the Woods products (4xfix). Next for me was differential covers (Riddlers) and a cover for the oil pan (Rancho). All of that will give you about $500 worth of protection money spent. That's not exactly the answer to your question (skid plates), but I bring it up because if you haven't done these, I really think your money is better spent here than on skid plates.

Edit: I see you have diffy covers already.

Yeah I just got my riddlers diff covers on about a week ago and when I washed my jeep for the first time after they were installed I noticed that they looked a little rusted. Did you run into this problem with your or did you just paint them before they were installed
Old 09-23-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

The Riddler covers come unpainted and must be painted to avoid the rust.

Quick Reply: Skid Plates