Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

skid plates, one piece or rubicon two piece?

Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skid plates, one piece or rubicon two piece?

Any disadvantages to the two piece system, or the one piece for engine and tranny? Found a good deal on the 2 piece Rubicon, but..... ?
Any input appreciated.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:23 PM
JK Freak

What exactly do you mean by a two piece Rubicon skid system? Are you referring to the brand "Rubicon Express" or the jeep model Rubicon? If they are skids from the model rubicon, it doesn't matter because all jeep models come from the factory with the same skids.
It really comes down to personal preference in regards to skids. If you play in the mud a lot, you might want to go with separate skids since a large one-piece can trap and hold mud. Just rocks and no mud? Maybe look at a one piece so it'll slide easier.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thanx Trey, yes the Rubicon xpress, sorry should have clarified. Not much mud where I wheel here in the Rockies, and I was thinking the same thin, the one piece liked Rugged Ridge looks better for "sliding".
Old 10-08-2015, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pretty much brand new RE oil pan skid (REA1011) that i can sell to you for $60, you cover shipping. I went with the Hardrock skids
this is it installed in my Jeep
2015-09-25_06-56-47 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Quick Reply: skid plates, one piece or rubicon two piece?