Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Row LCA skids vs EVO front LCA skids

Old 10-14-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Row LCA skids vs EVO front LCA skids

Has anybody used the Skid Row front lower control arm skids which bolt on? I know the EVO ones are good, but you have to weld them on and I don't know how to weld. I'm wondering if the bolt on skids will cause the same kinds of problems for the OEM mounting brackets as some track bar brackets have caused, according to other threads on the forum. Thnaks for any insight.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by planman
You have to lift the rig with a car lift or floor Jack to be able to remove the front lower control arms without having the axle rotate back on you, or you could just do on side at a time and take much longer.
It doesn't take much longer unless you have 2 welders and 2 people to weld at the same exact time.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went with the Rancho Rock Gear front lower control arm skids. They run around $100 and are completely bolt-on for an easy DIY install.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I went with the Rancho Rock Gear front lower control arm skids. They run around $100 and are completely bolt-on for an easy DIY install.
Pics??
Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Another option is to search Mike Green 4X4. . . he is a local guy here in Tx and makes a weld on variety for $20 a pair. Cost $40 and as much limited help that I am capable of for him to weld both a front and rear pair.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Find somebody in your area that welds or bring them to a shop cuz the weld on skids are better...I can tell you our skids have taken some serious hits and I'm not sure the bolts ons could take that type of abuse over a long period of time JMO

Quick Reply: Skid Row LCA skids vs EVO front LCA skids