Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skidrow Rails & Skid Pic's

Old 12-14-2006, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skidrow Rails & Skid Pic's

Here' a few picture's of the Rock Rail's & Front Skid......that plastic front piece is great for blocking wind & maybe some water, but very weak piece if hit. These were powder coated ((black for Rails)) & we went with ((silver for front skid)). Also the Engine skid is completed but he's going to just install a production piece not the prototype on my JK iin Feb when completed. He's looking at early Feb for these 3 poducts to be offered.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by nam6869usmc; 12-15-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like those rails... how much?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

I was anxiously awaiting the front skiplate from Skidrow, but I am not liking the cut-out lettering. I wonder if they will have a solid option as well?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Default Skidrow Contact Info

Hey guy's,,,,since I'm not a Skidrow employee, Eric said anyone can contact him directly and will answer all questions. He also said he's had quite a few people that have contacted him already concerning the JK Product's that's he's designing. Infact, just today I received an email from Eric saying the pricing for the front Skid has been completed.
As for the front Skid Logo cut out, this is a proto type only that you see on my jeep and a solid one might be possible, he will answer all these question's.
http://www.skidplates.com/ phone> 717.582.3640

P.S. The Rock Rail's are very stong and installation wasn't bad at all.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

do you have pics of the rails in the back? i know the stockers come close to the wheel wells...did Skidrow address that?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by degenerate
do you have pics of the rails in the back? i know the stockers come close to the wheel wells...did Skidrow address that?
Yes he addressed this distance when we were building them, he also said that some will probably trim the sheat metal part of the body that protrudes back in to the wheel well. He called tyhat bad design from DC. His Rail's will give more than enough room for any size tire.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Anybody know if they are making nerf bars or side steps yet? The sliders look good but the JK is going to be my wifes and the kiddies need something to climb on.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by roadking1733
Anybody know if they are making nerf bars or side steps yet? The sliders look good but the JK is going to be my wifes and the kiddies need something to climb on.
Yes to the side steps,....these rails will be drilled & tapped for a front & rear step made of Aluminum Diamond Plate. I brought this up because of my wife & Granddaughter also.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Cool. Do you think there will be any problems adding them on a Rubicon? I know they come with those rocker panel guards. Didnt know if they would get in the way. According to my salesman, you cant add factory steps to a Rubicon unless you take the rocker guards off. But then again he said if I ordered one, it should be here before Christmas and I am planning on mid Jan. Ho Ho Ho
Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by roadking1733
Cool. Do you think there will be any problems adding them on a Rubicon? I know they come with those rocker panel guards. Didnt know if they would get in the way. According to my salesman, you cant add factory steps to a Rubicon unless you take the rocker guards off. But then again he said if I ordered one, it should be here before Christmas and I am planning on mid Jan. Ho Ho Ho
You would have to remove the factory Rubi Rock Guard to mount these Rock Rail's, you might want to look at the factory Nerf Bar with built in steps that the Sahara has, they were available at my Dealer here in Pa right now. I almost ordered them before I hooked up with SkidRow.Offroad

Quick Reply: Skidrow Rails & Skid Pic's