Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 2.5-3.5" Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks and 315/70/17 Duratracs

Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I did some more digging and found some 2.5" lifts. Here are my options:

TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks/Coils
Rubicon Express 2.5" Budget Boost Suspension System with Monotube Shocks/Coils
AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks/Coils

I figure I wont do the spacer BB since if i'm already spending 400/300 something on spacers I might as well dish out the extra for actual coils.

If I do the 2.5" lifts will I have any need for the AEV Geometry Kit? Or Drive shafts? What else would I need extra for a 2.5" lift...

Pics of 2.5" lifts and 315/70/17's would be greatly appreciated for visual reference's

Sorry for the Noobness...
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bright Lightning
So I did some more digging and found some 2.5" lifts. Here are my options:

TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shocks/Coils
Rubicon Express 2.5" Budget Boost Suspension System with Monotube Shocks/Coils
AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Suspension System with Bilstein Shocks/Coils

I figure I wont do the spacer BB since if i'm already spending 400/300 something on spacers I might as well dish out the extra for actual coils.

If I do the 2.5" lifts will I have any need for the AEV Geometry Kit? Or Drive shafts? What else would I need extra for a 2.5" lift...

Pics of 2.5" lifts and 315/70/17's would be greatly appreciated for visual reference's

Sorry for the Noobness...
Would my drive angles be alright with a 2.5" shock/coil lift and an extra 1" coil spacer?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Not 315s, but 285/70r17 Duratracs with 2.5 TF just so you can get an idea. Have wheel spacers and AEV brackets that I haven't put on yet. Brackets aren't necessary, but am going to do them anyway because I'm anal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3173026994.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	411826
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

The brackets will make your Jeep drive very stable on road. You give up around 2 inches in ground clearance just where the lower arm upper mount is. It's not as a big a deal as a lot of Jeepers make it out to be. I have a 4.5 AEV lift and removed them since I have Rock Krawler control arms for adjustability. I can tell you my Jeep is not as nimble as it was when I had the drop brackets on but I wanted to get more clearance since I'm going more off road oriented. I would go all AEV with brackets for 2.5 lift for all round use or try Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel with Bilstein shocks and Teraflex bumpstops without brackets if you want more OffRoad capability..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

At 2.5" a lot of people find the Jeep steers fine with stock arms and no control arm drop brackets. You can always add them later if you find the Jeep wanders on the highway. What you are doing with either adjustable control arms or with the drop brackets is adding caster which in turn increases the on center feel of your steering. At 2.5" you need springs, shocks, longer sway bar end links, longer bumpstops to match the lift, trackbar brackets or adjustable trackbars, and longer brakelines or brakeline drop brackets. Be careful with brand of springs and shocks since that will determine the ride quality. I'd do this first and see if it steers and tracks alright or if you need to add adjustable front lower control arms or drop brackets.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 2.5-3.5" Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks and 315/70/17 Duratracs