Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker ride quality?

Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker ride quality?

I was planing on doing a spacer lift untill there are more lift options, but yesterday I was talking to a friend who owns a tire shop and he told me he could get me a skyjacker 2.5" lift at cost. Since that would be a good deal I am considering it. How is the ride ( Soft, Hard) and how do the springs hold up, any saggging?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Everyone I know that has skyjacker has had them sag. The leaf springs seem to sag more than the coils from what I have seen. I would imagine it would be the same with the jk too. However, at cost still might be a good deal. I always thought the ride was pretty good in the skyjacker if you have the more expensive shocks.

Bryan
Old 12-16-2006, 07:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

What duneslider said except I personally don't think saggy coils is worth the $100 savings you might be able to get. But hey, that's just me
Old 12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply!

Who has soft riding springs that don't sag?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

I have always thought the teraflex coils were pretty soft riding. All the TJ's I have ridden in were soft but bouncey, I think that part is more of a shock issue than the coils though. I read some where that if you use different shocks the teraflex is great. I do think they are using different shocks now too.

From what I keep hearing and reading, the fulltraction lifts are top notch. That's what I plan on getting even though I can get a really good deal on a teraflex lift.

Bryan

Quick Reply: Skyjacker ride quality?